[ITSA] Fwd: Oral Defense Class and Professional Writing Class Spring 2013-14

Seann Dikkers sdikkers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 13:24:37 EST 2013

Forwarded.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bikowski, Dawn <bikowski at ohio.edu>
Date: Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Subject: Oral Defense Class and Professional Writing Class Spring 2013-14
To: "Dikkers, Seann" <dikkers at ohio.edu>
Cc: "Franklin, Teresa" <franklit at ohio.edu>, "Moore, David" <moored3 at ohio.edu

Seann,
I hope you’re surviving the end of the semester. I was wondering if you
could distribute this information to your graduate students (maybe through
the listserv). We have three classes Spring semester that they might be
interested in:

*Professional Writing (ELIP 5140)*
Wed 5:15-7:05 Gordy 111, class #12320, 3 credit hours

   - Resumes, CVs
   - Cover letters
   - Grant documents
   - Personal statements

 *The Oral Defense: Oral Communication for the Graduate
Researcher/Presenter (ELIP 5320)*
Tues 3:-5-4:55 Gordy 203, class #10201, 3 credit hours

   - Strategies for defending your thesis/dissertation
   - Presenting at conferences
   - Performing in interviews
   - Organizing ideas, answering questions, and using nonverbal language
   effectively

*Online: Academic Writing in Graduate Studies** (ELIP 5140)*
Class #3763, 3 credit hours

   - Develop skills to become a successful writer in your academic and
   post-academic career
   - Writing a summary, critique, annotated bibliography, and literature
   review
   - Work on your own assignments you need to do for other class
   - Online tutoring offered

The courses are interactive with lots of individual attention, count for
graduate credit, and do not affect GPA as long as credit is attained.
Students can contact me with questions.

Thank you,
Dawn

*Linguistics Department • College of Arts & Sciences*
*Dawn Bikowski, PhD*
Director, English Language Improvement Program

bikowski at ohio.edu • T: 740.593.0201
Gordy Hall 367 • Athens OH 45701
www.ohio.edu • http://linguistics.ohio.edu/ELIP<http://www.ohio.edu/linguistics/elip>
LIKE ELIP on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/EnglishLanguageImprovementProgram

--

Seann M. Dikkers, PhD

Assistant Professor, Educational Studies

388 McCracken Hall
Dept. Educational Studies
Athens, OH 45701

Gaming Matter @ http://www.gamingmatter.com