[Itech] Ohio University CALL Conference

Kessler, Greg kessler at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:15:43 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

The Ohio University CALL Practice and Research group announces the call for proposals and registration for the 7th annual free CALL conference on April 3rd, 2015 at Ohio University. We have had a great turnout for the past six years and look forward to another inspiring gathering here in beautiful Athens, Ohio. The theme of the conference will be "The Role of Automated Tools in CALL."

We are very excited to announce that our keynote speaker will be Dr. Volker Hegelheimer<http://www.public.iastate.edu/~volkerh/> from Iowa State University. Dr. Hegelheimer will be speaking about Automated writing evaluation and the many exciting related projects he is working on at Iowa State.

We will also have a number of concurrent sessions, hands-on workshops and a technology fair. We encourage anyone interested in sharing their research or practice related to technology in the second language classroom to submit a proposal to our conference.  We invite proposals for paper presentations, technology fair presentations, and hands-on workshops. Information and the proposal submission form can be found at: http://bit.ly/1ojhFwH

The conference will take place from 9 AM-5 PM and will wrap up with a conference dinner at Jackie O's Public House and Brewery<http://jackieos.com/>.

We look forward to seeing you in Athens!

Best,
Greg

Greg Kessler
Director of Language Resource Center - College of Arts & Sciences
Associate Professor of Computer Assisted Language Learning - Department of Linguistics
Ohio University
http://linguistics.ohio.edu/linguistics/?page_id=249