[Itech] Fwd: EmergingEdTech: The Lecture is Dead! Long Live the Lecture!

Teresa Franklin franklit at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 3 03:13:17 EST 2014

Graduates,

I thought you might enjoy this one! :)

Dr. Franklin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: EmergingEdTech <list at emergingedtech.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Subject: EmergingEdTech: The Lecture is Dead! Long Live the Lecture!
To: Teresa Franklin <franklit at ohio.edu>

*The Lecture is Dead! Long Live the Lecture! *

<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=PCua3Av9QSVPENljqVNuHA>

*The Lecture Will Always be Around, as it Should Be, but it Should Also
Keep Evolving*

>From time to time I've derided the long, staid lecture here on the site.
That's not to say that a lecture can't be enthralling and highly
educational, but too often, they just aren't. I suffered through many of
these (the long, boring ones) in the 80's and early 90's as I worked
through a BS in Mathematics and then an MBA. I didn't like them then, and I
really dislike them as a staple in today's classrooms and 'lecture halls'.

Back in my undergrad years in the early 80's, teachers didn't have a lot of
choice - they, and books, were the primary source of academic content.
Well, it's 2014 now and there is more good information at our fingertips
than ever before....
*>> READ MORE*
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=PCua3Av9QSVPENljqVNuHA>

*Other Recent Posts: *

What’s Next for the Tablet Niche in Education (Since the iPad Made it
Matter)?
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=6IUsdufvX.tWoAzT9ZPy5Q>

Technology for the Core – Apps and Tools for the Literacy Curriculum
Viewing Strand
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=htlc4s95duB7T1_mHjz2wA>

8 Positive Findings from 4 Year 1:1 iPad Initiative
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=UieQyffoajHhfJ56HgRy4g>

   *Remember, EmergingEdTech also delivers content on the web's most
popular social media platforms. Stop by and subscribe to our video blogs,
check out our Facebook Page, or follow EmergingEdTech on Twitter!*

 *... and thanks for subscribing to our blog posts via email!*

EmergingEdTech's Facebook Page
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=HNAmL2OD1X6wJyhgpgZTLw>

The EmergingEdTech YouTube Channel
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=vmh6h75t8cddltMoiM3I7g>

Twitter (@EmergingEdTech)
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=mhtMySWy9MkunetuzE_jPA>
 EmergingEdTech on Pinterest
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=pLAvXd_NXgfDXg7dqtH8DA>
      Contact Us:

  Use This Contact Form
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=eLYgdqWoRTBfvnqKVwwPPw>

 ------------------------------

*Consulting:*
Want to consult with EmergingEdTech's
Kelly Walsh?
Click here to learn more!
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=AI30I32VecLGa4TppSGT0g>

  EmergingEdTech Home
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3kV.mXNcyXgH40w&b=JdGp8JuEAcU8AnqgadS1lw>

 Unsubscribe to this Newsletter
<http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?jKyczCzM7LSsDOyMjIwsHLRGtEysTJwMTKyM>

  Copyright © 2009 - 2014 EmergingEdTech. All rights reserved.

 EmergingEdTech, 4 Schuele Drive, Wappingers Falls, NY 10606, USA

Unsubscribe
<http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?jKyczCzM7LSsDOyMjIwsHLRGtEysTJwMTKyM> | Change
Subscriber Options
<http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?jKyczCzM7LSsDOyMjIwsHLRGtEysTJwMTKyM>

--

*"A teacher affects eternity; [she]he can never tell where the influence
stops." - Henry Adams*Dr. Teresa Franklin
also: franklinteresa at gmail.com

*~~~~~~Ohio University -- The best student-centered learning *experience in
America~~~~