[Itech] Fwd: EmergingEdTech: Understanding how Big Data can Help Improve Teaching, With 2 Examples

Teresa Franklin franklit at ohio.edu
Thu Jun 12 13:13:53 EDT 2014

Hi Graduates,

Thought this one might be of interest.

Dr. Franklin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: EmergingEdTech <list at emergingedtech.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Subject: EmergingEdTech: Understanding how Big Data can Help Improve
Teaching, With 2 Examples
To: Teresa Franklin <franklit at ohio.edu>

 *Understanding how Big Data can Help Improve Teaching, With 2 Examples *

<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=ot5WI0qlKDn8IUhKWxyXgw>

 We've Been Hearing a lot About Big Data Lately, but What Does it Mean for
Educators?

Wikipedia defines *Big Data* as, “a blanket term for any collection of data
sets so large and complex that it becomes difficult to process using
on-hand database management tools or traditional data processing
applications.” Okay, that’s nice. But how does this relate to education?

Big data can change the way teachers teach and students learn. Finding ways
to provide tailored instruction to individual students has been very
difficult in the past, and many students have failed to reach anywhere near
their potential as a result. However, big data can provide the tools
necessary for teachers to better understand students’ needs, which in turn
can give students better opportunities for success ...
  *>> READ MORE*
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=ot5WI0qlKDn8IUhKWxyXgw>

 *Other Recent Posts:*

June 2014 APP ED REVIEW – Rubric-Assessed Math Apps
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=m2_FC5xIX1vfi9RrGl8Suw>

10 Proactive Steps for Schools to Limit Student Issues With Social Media
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=kxNxsnfK98aLqrnCzGyErA>

3 Minute Teaching with Tech Tip Video – Create Powerful Lessons in Minutes
with Blendspace
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=fwxsSYAAnk3B.NcxTEmfUQ>

  *Remember, EmergingEdTech also delivers content on the web's most popular
social media platforms. Stop by and subscribe to our video blogs, check out
our Facebook Page,** or follow EmergingEdTech on Twitter!*

*... and thanks for subscribing to** our blog posts via email!*

EmergingEdTech's Facebook Page
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=uhbnpsf.RhS9CgEfYshWiQ>

The EmergingEdTech YouTube Channel
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=r1.hJQmr9PZSdK7QGpL8Bw>

Twitter (@EmergingEdTech)
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=WhUIBsNDdcb4cPoo8bZNQg>
 EmergingEdTech on Pinterest
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=ABKnmb.OZl30S2dHlDRO2A>
    Contact Us:

 Use This Contact Form
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=bjhnnZ9jDNdq5uc8HOLngw>

 ------------------------------

  *Consulting:*
Want to consult with EmergingEdTech's
Kelly Walsh?
Click here to learn more!
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=qx_gnGNOUow3E_Y6JQd3vw>

 EmergingEdTech Home
<http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=7q9XA&m=3erbEKUqnPgH40w&b=cpOo.kxZJTWFjuQBA9hTwg>

Unsubscribe to this Newsletter
<http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?jKyczCzM7LSsDOyMjIwsHLRGtEzMrGysLGws>

 Copyright © 2009 - 2013 EmergingEdTech. All rights reserved.
EmergingEdTech, 4 Schuele Drive, Wappingers Falls, NY 10606, USA

Unsubscribe
<http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?jKyczCzM7LSsDOyMjIwsHLRGtEzMrGysLGws> | Change
Subscriber Options
<http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?jKyczCzM7LSsDOyMjIwsHLRGtEzMrGysLGws>

--

*"A teacher affects eternity; [she]he can never tell where the influence
stops." - Henry Adams*Dr. Teresa Franklin
also: franklinteresa at gmail.com
*~~~~~~Ohio University -- The best student-centered learning *experience in
America~~~~