[Itech] Two opportunities

Thankachan, Briju thankach at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 23 11:47:58 EST 2014

Hello Graduates,

Two opportunities:

1.       Webinar with Dr. Charles Reigeluth

Title: What Does the Future Hold for Instructional Designer/Technologist Roles?

Date: Tue, Jan 28, 2014

Time: 01:00 PM EST

Duration:1 hour

Description: With the rapid pace of change in technology and education, we are finding a similarly rapid pace of change in what instructional designers and technologists need to do and the skills they need to have. Being prepared for these shifting roles is important! This webinar offers a glimpse into some important changes that seem likely for people in the profession at this point in time. It promises to be valuable for all instructional designers and technologists by helping them prepare for the disruptive changes that have the potential to disrupt their careers. We welcome you to join Dr. Reigeluth for this chance to engage in a lively presentation and discussion with one of the great names in our field. Dr. Charles Reigeluth's Webinar is Sponsored by the AECT Division of Systemic Change. He is a founding member of the Division.
To Register, go to https://cc.readytalk.com/r/a2l86osq7epb&eom

2.       Call for Volunteers

The Call for Volunteers is underway for three pilot service-learning projects. The pilot projects are targeted to college faculty and currently enrolled instructional design students in need of course, internship, or practicum projects for the upcoming semester. Please note that this is a 100% virtual volunteer opportunity that does not require any volunteer to be physically present at any location. If you are interested in applying as either a faculty sponsor and advisor, or a student volunteer, please respond to this Call for Volunteers on or before the January 31, 2014 deadline.

Read more about the projects and how to apply at http://designersforlearning.org/pilot-projects-call-for-volunteers<https://mail.ohio.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=-WASXO-ksEO6XSt_ALfBAt-IDp3l69BINEpsiF-asx0BFzq9ViHLW6jXisJn-mae6JipuDWoaPs.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fdesignersforlearning.us7.list-manage2.com%2ftrack%2fclick%3fu%3d16996d045cc712637d9ca0357%26id%3d8f43d157fc%26e%3d8637a68b6b>

Best,
Briju