[Itech] Fwd: [G4C] Faculty position in serious games

Seann Dikkers sdikkers at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 22:36:00 EDT 2012

IT jobs...

Hi folks,

Below is a new ad posting from the HCII (where I am faculty) combined with
the ETC at CMU. If you are interested in knowing more, feel free to contact
me (I've been a lurker on this list for some time :)

Thanks!

jen

The Human-Computer Interaction Institute at Carnegie Mellon University <
http://www.hcii.cmu.edu/> prides itself on its record of innovative
development and understanding of technology to better the condition of
individuals and society. We seek more than one new faculty member who will
continue and broaden this tradition, through a program of cutting-edge
research into the theory, substance, methods, and/or applications of HCI.
Applicants are welcome from the diverse backgrounds that will further our
goal. What is required is a strong record of research and teaching and the
desire to work with our eminent faculty toward the HCII's goals. We expect
to hire at the assistant professor level but will consider more senior
candidates as well.

In addition to the positions described above, we are also searching for a
faculty member to hold a dual appointment between the HCII and Carnegie
Mellon’s Entertainment Technology Center. The ETC
(http://www.etc.cmu.edu/ founded
by Randy Pausch and Don Marinelli in 1998 as a joint program between the
College of Fine Arts and the School of Computer Science) is focused on
interactive entertainment across a variety of fields with the goal of
designing experiences that educate, engage and inspire. Together, we seek a
faculty member with a strong record of research, development and teaching
in transformational games for social and educational impact. The successful
candidate for this faculty position will hold a joint appointment at the
HCII and the ETC.

The application process:   Applications must be in PDF format and include
(1) curriculum vitae, (2) research and teaching interest statements, (3)
1-3 representative papers, and (4) the names and email addresses of three
or more individuals who have been asked to provide letters of reference. In
addition, applicants should arrange for reference letters to be sent
directly to the Faculty Search Committee at <hcii-faculty-search2012 at cs.**
cmu.edu <hcii-faculty-search2012 at cs.cmu.edu>>. The Search Committee will
not directly request letters. Please reference the HCII in your cover
letter for the general position, and HCII/ETC for the joint position.

Applications and references should be submitted via email to: <
hcii-faculty-search2012 at cs.**cmu.edu <hcii-faculty-search2012 at cs.cmu.edu>>.
Incomplete applications will not be processed. Applications should indicate
citizenship and, for non-US citizens, current visa status.   The HCII will
begin reviewing applications on November 1st, 2012.

Carnegie Mellon University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages
applications from women, minorities, and other under-represented groups.
CMU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples and is dedicated to
work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies.

Jennifer Mankoff, Associate Professor  jmankoff at cs.cmu.edu
NSH 3612E, x268-1295, Human Computer Interaction Institute, CMU
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~jmankoff

gamesforchange+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/gamesforchange?hl=en

By opting into this Google Group, you are also opting into our bi-monthly
newsletter which we will send to you via the e-mail address you are using
for the Google Group.

--
Constance Steinkuehler
Co-Director, Games+Learning+Society Center

---

You are currently subscribed to glslocal as: sdikkers at gmail.com.

To unsubscribe click here:
https://lists.wisc.edu/u?id=48983292.5737f03419c693d4ee90f98be0a81c64&n=T&l=glslocal&o=21997779

or send a blank email to
leave-21997779-48983292.5737f03419c693d4ee90f98be0a81c64 at lists.wisc.edu

--

Seann M. Dikkers, PhD

Assistant Professor, Educational Studies

Ohio University

Check out the new book Mobile Media
Learning<http://www.etc.cmu.edu/etcpress/content/mobile-media-learning-forthcoming-june-2012>
.

Gaming Matter @ http://www.gamingmatter.com

21st Century Teaching Project <http://gamingmatter.com/GM/21CTP_Home.html>

Comprehensive Assessment of Leadership for Learning
(CALL)<http://www.callsurvey.org/>

GLS Research Group @ http://gameslearningsociety.org

388 McCracken Hall
Dept. Educational Studies