[Itech] URGENT: IT Candidate Presentation on Thursday 1:30 to 2:30

Teresa Franklin franklit at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 11 14:58:22 EDT 2012

Hello Graduates:

As many of you know, we are in the process of hiring a new Group I faculty
member for our IT program. Our first candidate will visit tomorrow and will
be on campus all day so please try to stop her and talk to her!

Please make every effort to come to the presentations of these candidates
as we value the thoughts of our graduate students in this hiring process.
We are even happy if you come late!  There will be a form to fill out
asking you to rate the candidate during the presentation.

See the note below for information!
Dr. Teresa Franklin

*[image: ohiogrn]*

*The Patton College of Education*

* Educational Studies Program *

*Presentation by*

*Xiaojun (June) Chen*

*Candidate for Group I Faculty Position*

*Instructional Technology Program*

*Thursday, April 12, 1:30-2:30 PM*

*Room 324 McCracken*

* *

*"Learning and Teaching in the Age of Globalization and Digitalization"*

*Abstract:* Our society is now characterized by globalization, emerging new
technologies, and a knowledge-based economy. This presentation will address
three areas relating to learning and teaching in the age of globalization
and digitalization: How do we learn from others who are from different
academic disciplines? How do we learn from others who are from different
cultures? Examples will also be shared about using instructional technology
with instructional design strategies to help learners learn in 21st
century.

--
*~~~~~~The best student-centered learning *experience in America~~~~

Dr. Teresa Franklin
Professor, Instructional Technology
Instructional Technology Program Coordinator
313D McCracken Hall
Dept. Educational Studies
Athens, OH 45701
740-593-4561 (office)
740-541-8847 (cell)
740-593-0477 (fax)
also: franklinteresa at gmail.com

"A teacher affects eternity; she/he can never tell where the influence
stops." - Henry Adams

*
*
**