[Itech] Fwd: SITE 2009--Technology & Teacher Ed. Final Call (Charleston, SC): Due Dec. 10

Teresa Franklin franklit at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 1 14:37:39 EST 2008

Graduates,

Final call for SITE.

Dr. Franklin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: AACE-SITE Annoucements <announce at aace.org>
Date: Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:21 PM
Subject: SITE 2009--Technology & Teacher Ed. Final Call (Charleston, SC):
Due Dec. 10
To: EDUCTECH at listserv.uh.edu

          ** Join with 1,200+ Colleagues from 50 Countries **

                     * Please forward to a colleague *
                     http://site.aace.org/conf/call.htm

   NOTE: The Advance Program/Registration is online:
                  http://www.aace.org/conf/site/registration/

                                  SITE 2009

   Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education
                        International Conference

              March 2-6, 2009  *  Charleston, South Carolina

          "Where History Lives--Indulge, Play, and Explore!"
               (Embassy Suites Hotel/Convention Center)

                 FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

               ** Submissions Due: Dec. 10, 2008 **

                                 Organized by
Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE)
                            http://site.aace.org/
                                        and
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
                            http://www.aace.org/

            SITE 2009 COLOR POSTER
Available to Print & Distribute (PDF to print)
    http://site.aace.org/conf/pdf/site09poster.pdf

** What are your colleagues saying about SITE conferences? **
    http://site.aace.org/conf/testimonials.htm

INVITATION:
SITE 2009 is the 20th annual conference of the Society for Information
Technology and Teacher Education. This society represents individual
teacher educators and affiliated organizations of teacher educators in all
disciplines, who are interested in the creation and dissemination of
knowledge about the use of information technology in teacher education and
faculty/staff development.  SITE is a society of AACE.

SITE is the premiere international conference in this field and annually
attracts more than 1,200 leaders in the field from over 50 countries.

You are invited to participate in this international forum which offers
numerous opportunities to explore the research, development, and
applications
in this important field.

This Final Call for Participation is offered for those who were:
- unable to meet the first deadline for submissions in October, or
- were not ready to present a finished paper or project, or
- have a work-in-progress topic to present, and
- do not yet have a proposal accepted for presentation.

All presentation proposals are peer-reviewed and selected by three
reviewers on the respected Program Committee for inclusion in the
conference program, Proceedings (book and CD-ROM formats) and the
Education & Information Technology Digital Library (EdITLib),
http://www.editlib.org

We invite you to attend the SITE Conference and submit proposals for
these presentation categories: http://site.aace.org/conf/categories.htm

> Brief Papers
> Panels
> Roundtables
> Posters/Demonstrations
> Symposia
> Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations

These Final Call presentation categories have been quite popular especially
for the efficient
exchange of information about on-going research, applications, and projects.

SCOPE:
The Conference invites proposals from the introductory through advanced
level
on all topics related to:

(1) the use of information technology in teacher education, and
(2) instruction about information technology in
    * Preservice
    * Inservice
    * Graduate Teacher Education
    * Faculty & Staff Development

Proposals which address the theory, research and applications as well as
describe innovative projects are encouraged.

                  >> CONTENTS & LINKS <<

1. Call for Papers and Submission & Presenter Guidelines:
http://site.aace.org/conf/call.htm
http://site.aace.org/conf/submitguide.htm
http://site.aace.org/conf/PresenterLounge

2. Major Topics:  http://site.aace.org/conf/topics.htm

       ** NEW TOPICS **
   > Digital Video
   > Information Literacy Education (Library & Media Science)

3. Presentation Categories: http://site.aace.org/conf/categories.htm

4. Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations:
http://site.aace.org/conf/corporate.htm

5. Proceedings:
http://www.EdITLib.org <http://www.editlib.org/>
Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Technology and Teacher
Education Annual proceedings series. Books in this series serve as major
source documents indicating the current state of teacher education and
information technology. This proceedings will be published as a searchable
electronic book on CD-ROM.

The Annuals are internationally distributed through and archived in the
Education and Information Technology Digital Library,
http://www.EdITLib.org<http://www.editlib.org/>
.

>> Does Your Library Subscribe? <<

6. Paper Awards: http://site.aace.org/pubs

7. For Budgeting Purposes:
The conference registration fee for all presenters and participants will be
approximately $295 (members); $340 (non-members).  Registration includes
Proceedings on
CD, receptions, all sessions except tutorials, and more!
http://site.aace.org/conf/rates.htm

8. Hotel Information:
The conference hotel (Embassy Suites Hotel/Convention Center) specially
discounted
guest room rate is $155 (single/double). http://site.aace.org/conf/hotel.htm

9. Charleston, South Carolina:  Where History Lives--Indulge, Play, and
Explore!
http://www.aace.org/conf/Cities/Charleston

DEADLINES:

Final Proposals Due:                        Dec. 10, 2008
Final Proposal Authors Notified:     Dec. 30, 2008
Proceedings File Due:                    Jan. 21, 2009
Early Registration:                           Jan. 21, 2009
Hotel Reservation:                           Jan. 29, 2009
Conference:                                     Mar. 2-6, 2009

If you have a question about SITE, please send an e-mail to
SITE/AACE Conference Services, conf at aace.org

Contact:
SITE/AACE, P.O. Box 1545, Chesapeake, Virginia 23327  USA
Phone: 757-366-5606 * Fax: 703-997-8760
E-mail: conf at aace.org  *  http://www.AACE.org

<http://www.aace.org/>
your_name" to the same address.

Please do not reply to this email address.  For sending only.

--
Dr. Teresa Franklin
franklit at ohio.edu