[Honorscommunitycouncil] HCC Week 9 Meeting Updates!

Weiant, Lydia lw423311 at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 24 21:56:45 EDT 2012

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone's week is going well!
For those of you who missed it, we had a beautiful meeting out on the front porch of 35 Park Place today. Lots of great events and volunteer opportunities are coming up in HCC and HTC so come get involved and help us plan out ways to have fun and give back!

A quick overview of all the fantastic ideas and discussions we had are....

Funtivities:
- We are planning an open mic night. If all goes as planned it will happen right before Thanksgiving break.
- The Deans are interested in another Pizza with the Deanz before the end of the semester. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is a place for the Deans to share information with the HTC community.

Philanthropy:
- Still looking to volunteer at Last Chance Corral with rescued horses in the near future.
- In the processing of establishing a partnership with the Southeastern Ohio Society of Autism to help them put on a 5K and concert fundraiser in the spring.
- Working on volunteer opportunities with Christmas Angel Tree this December before the end of the semester.

Alumni Relations:
- Come learn about working abroad in Asia next week as we have a skype session with an HTC alumnus. Right now planned for Wednesday next week the 31st
- We are hoping to have one of these roundtables a week until the end of the semester (outside of finals week and the week before)

Clearly, we are planning some amazingly fun activities so come out to our meeting next week, back to the normal time and place 5:00 on Wednesdays in the common room. Hope to see each and every one of you there. Hope everyone's mid-terms are over with and that everyone has a lovely week!

See you all soon!
Lydia

--------
Lydia Weiant
Ohio University Honors Tutorial College<http://www.honors.ohio.edu/> 2016 | Anthropology
Freshman Ambassador | Honors Community Council
Cell: 614.560.3944