[Hlthpol] Training in Policy Studies (TIPS) Applications for the Class of 2013 - 2014

Bette Coppola bcoppola at nyit.edu
Tue May 28 13:35:21 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues:

I hope this note finds you healthy and happy, enjoying the spring season!

We are pleased to announce that the selection process has begun for the twelfth (12th!) cadre of Training in Policy Studies (TIPS) fellows - the Class of 2013 - 2014.  To refresh your memory, here are some facts about the program:

*        Year-long certificate program designed for second and third year (OGME 2 and OGME 3) osteopathic residents who are preparing for leadership roles in the profession and positions of influence in health policy.
*        Fellows attend four intensive three-day seminars, held twice a year in Washington, DC, once in New York and once at a rotating location.
*        TIPS seminars focus on topics including access, cost and quality issues, public health policy analysis, health economics, workforce issues, vulnerable populations, and political advocacy and the legislative process.
*        There is no cost for the TIPS program, but estimated expenses are approximately $1,000/seminar for transportation and lodging.  It's necessary for the selected residents to have their state, OPTI, Specialty College, school, or residency program's financial support.

We welcome your recommendation of potential applicants and appreciate your passing information along to interested candidates.

TIPS applications are available online at:

http://iris.nyit.edu/nycom/tips

The deadline for submission (application and three letters of reference) is June 24, 2013.  If you have questions, or require additional information, please contact me at (516) 686-3922 or bcoppola at nyit.edu<mailto:bcoppola at nyit.edu>.

Thank you in advance for your support and collegiality in selecting qualified applicants for the TIPS Class of 2013 - 2014.  Nancy Cooper and I hope to see you in Las Vegas in the fall, for our annual reunion.

With warm regards.
Bet

Bette Coppola, M.Ed.
Coordinator of Health Policy Programs