[Hlthpol] HPF Director Provisional Appointee of IOM Committee

Bell, Peter bellp at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 1 10:21:52 EDT 2012

AMEN!

Peter A. Bell, DO, MBA, HPF
Ohio University, Heritage COM
Asst. Dean, Professor of Emergency Medicine

On Nov 1, 2012, at 10:04, "Nichols, Karen" <KNicho at midwestern.edu<mailto:KNicho at midwestern.edu>> wrote:

Barbara, I too must comment about what you mean to our wonderful profession and what you mean to me personally. Ten years ago I established the Costin Institute stealing liberally from your Health Policy Fellowship template. I quote “high ground, high ground” to my staff until they say it before I do. I teach in a health policy elective for our CCOM students using the principles I learned from you. I seek the high ground in making all leadership decisions for our profession to best of my ability to do so. You have been and continue to be such a role model for the profession and I’m so grateful I can call you my role model, my mentor and my friend. I know there have been banquets, honors, accolades and awards for you. I’m sure you have won every award there is to give. I am also pretty sure there were some awards developed just to give to you. But there will never be enough that can thank you sufficiently. We are all striving to pay it forward, thanks to you, my friend. Karen

Karen J. Nichols, DO, MA, MACOI, CS
Professor of Internal Medicine
Dean
Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine
Midwestern University
555 31st Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
p 630 515 6159
f  630 515 7134
"proud past, strong future"

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents is intended for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, proprietary to sender, and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s) or have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by e-mail, delete it from your computer, and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.