[Hlthpol] Residency Training in FQHC: Experience?

Myral Robbins robbins at kcms.msu.edu
Tue Jan 12 09:28:34 EST 2010

There is much experience within our FM residency programs, both positive
and negative with FQHCs. As I have attempted to gain insight from the
experience of others, I have come to knowledge of starting programs
anew, replacing existing programs, and "two-tier" merger. As a dually
accredited program, we have recently developed an alliance with our FQHC
to support their OB so that we can meet the rigor of ACGME residency
standards in OB. We are exploring further relationship to expand the
residency to accommodate a track at the FQHC so I would appreciate being
kept "in the loop" as responses to this inquiry are received.

Myral R. Robbins, D.O., FAAFP, FACOFP
Program Director, Osteopathic Family Medicine Residency
MSU/KCMS
1000 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
(269) 337-6519
robbins at kcms.msu.edu

>>> "Cooper, Nancy" <cooper at oucom.ohiou.edu> 1/11/2010 4:34 PM >>>

HI Fellows:  I am getting in touch to see if any of you have had
experience setting up/running a family practice residency program in a
federally qualified health center.  An Ohio hospital is in the process
of starting a GME program in a FQHC, and one of the administrators
involved would very much like to talk to someone who has experience with
the business end of such a venture.

Thanks for getting in touch if you have experience with a hospital/FQHC
residency program – particularly the reimbursement process.

Many thanks.  NC

Nancy Cooper, Coordinator
Health Policy Fellowship
307 Grosvenor Hall
Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Athens, OH  45701
740 593-2017 phone
740 593-1730 fax
coopern at ohio.edu

This electronic message is intended to be for the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.