[Emeritiassoc] Three emeriti items

Edward Baum baum at ohio.edu
Sat May 24 21:25:14 EDT 2014

Hi,

I hope that you are having a very pleasant weekend. The weather in
Athens certainly is cooperating. As for the three items:

1) Tuesday, May 27, presents a second chance to learn more about your
iPad. The session is 12:10 to 12:40 p.m. in Baker 242. Doug Grammer will
give general instructions and he and his student assistants will give
individual help as well as answer questions. They are glad to stay after
the posted ending time to be sure everyone has his or her questions
answered. It is wise to bring your own iPad, but if you can’t or are
waiting to buy one after you learn more about them, you are welcome to
come without equipment. This is part of a series of technology –related
lessons being arranged by Luther Haseley and Margaret Thomas. These free
iPad lessons are open to others, as well as to emeriti.

2) We have 28 people signed up to come to the Emeriti Reception for the
On-The-Green weekend on Saturday, May 31, 10:30 a.m. to noon, at
Latitude 39 in Baker Center. If you have not let either me or Dru know
you are coming, please send me an e-mail (baum at ohio.edu) so we will be
sure to have enough food. There will also be an emeriti tent on the
college green for the BBQ at noon. There is a charge for the BBQ of $20.
The reception is free

3) You are invited to attend a Seminar on Nutrition and Aging sponsored
by The Ohio Musculoskeletal and Neurological Institute’s (OMNI) Healthy
Aging Research Division, in collaboration with The Athens Village and
the OhioHealth O’Bleness’ SeniorBEAT program. Its official title is
"Nutritional strategies to enhance muscle mass and physical performance
in older adults". It will be at the Athens Community Center, June 3,
from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

Ed