[Emeritiassoc] Emeriti Park help needed

Edward Baum baum at ohio.edu
Tue May 20 07:18:19 EDT 2014

*Helping to Get the Emeriti Park Ready for the On the Green Weekend*

**ATHENS-AREA EMERITI

We have just two Wednesdays left (this week and next) to spruce up the
Emeriti Park as much as possible before our Emeriti Reception at
Latitude 39, 10-12 a.m., on Saturday, May 31. So come out this Wednesday
and/or next if you can. If we have a big crowd, you might be wise to
bring your own clippers, hoe, digger, or whatever. If you have none,
come anyway. The groundskeepers bring some tools  for our use. No one
will pester you about coming more than these two Wednesdays. There are
plenty of twigs to pick up, flowers to weed or deadhead, gone-wild
shoots to trim, etc. The last time I was there, I  gave a "haircut" to
the tall grass alongside the stairs that connected one walkway with
another. Evidently the power mowers can't get those bad boys when steps
are involved. Things like that make the Park look a lot better.  Your
own creativity, or anyone you ask, will keep you busy for the hour or so
  we spend there. If you are new to this, just ask anyone what to do next.

What about weather? If it looks worrisome to you, call Park chair Dick
Dean (593-8487), and he will have left a message on his phone to tell
you of any change of plans. Ordinary work time is 9-10 a.m., but Susan
Calhoun, university landscaper, has said that she would like to start
earlier this week and next. So come at 8:30 if you like.  We gather
along the Oxbow Trail (west side of the Park, near the new fieldhouse).
Everyone will be glad to see you.

Dru