[Emeritiassoc] More on Thursday's event

Edward Baum baum at ohio.edu
Tue Apr 1 22:11:41 EDT 2014

Hi,
Dru has asked that I pass the following information below on to you
Ed

Emeriti Association members:

Our annual event in which we do something that is open to everyone else
is coming up Thursday, and your presence is vital to making it a
success. Jennifer Kirksey, President McDavis' chief of staff, told me
that she has seen the script, and she said it is "very interesting." She
said that the president's planning and design associates are looking
forward to this very much. Let's do all we can to give them a good,
responsive audience. Invite your friends. This is open to retirees,
current faculty and staff, students, and townspeople, so bring them
along or encourage them to come on their own. We'll start at 10 a.m. and
finish the Q&A part by 11:30. At that point, we will have a guided tour
of the part of Schoonover that is finished. Anyone who wants to stay for
that is welcome. The note below gives all the details. Call me at
707-0952 if you have any questions. Think big. Think surprises. Think
being in the know. Come out to this. The note below gives all the
details so you can tell others about it.

**

*Dru*

**

*What Will the Campus Look Like in 5 or 10 Years?"*

*Thursday, April 3*

10-11:30 a.m.

Schoonover Center Lobby

President Roderick McDavis will speak about building and renovation
plans that will change the campus's appearance considerably. Sponsored
by the Emeriti Association, the event is open to all university
personnel and students as well as the general public.  Three campus
planning/capital plan officials who will add commentary and help answer
questions will accompany McDavis.

Harry Wyatt, associate vice president, architecture, design and construction

Joseph Lalley, senior associate vice president for information
technology and administrative services

Shawna Bolin, director of university planning and space management

A power point presentation will enable the audience to visualize changes
as the speakers talk about them.Light refreshments will be served.
Schoonover Center, opened at the beginning of this semester, is where
the old Baker Center was located.

Dru