[Emeritiassoc] menus

Ted Foster foster at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 28 07:56:40 EDT 2009

Ed,

The Inn's suggestions look good to me--generally.  Their luncheons during
last year were good, though not spectacular, but just fine and well
managed.  Frankly, I think responding to food complaints usually gets us
nowhere.

Personally, I'd rather vary our meeting schedule than meet in the basement,
but I think that would be unwise.

Finally, when the Inn was able to come up with a pretty good dinner last
winter when the meaning of the third Thursday became ambiguous, I was
amazed at their ability to do that.  We owe them a lot for that one,
regardless of the cause of the calendar problem.

Ted

p.s. I'd alter a couple of the menus a bit if I were doing them, but thank
heavens I'm not and I hope we can urge our members to pass along their
complaints about food and that we, in turn, pass them along to Emily and
leave it to her skills and judgment to make such alterations as are
practical.