[Eecs_phd] Electrical Engineers in Columbus

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 30 14:59:07 EST 2017

If you are interested in applying to this posting, please email Caroline Glaser at cglaser at apexsystemsinc.com<mailto:cglaser at apexsystemsinc.com>

We are currently looking for Electrical Engineers to support one of our energy and utility clients here in Columbus, Ohio. I wanted to reach out to see if you knew of any recent grads who may be looking for employment opportunities. This particular client is looking to hire recent grads for  long term opportunities with an industry leader. I have attached the job description below, but if you know of any students who may be looking please have them reach out!
Apex Systems is currently looking for Electrical Engineers in Columbus, Ohio.
Job Responsibilities
Individual will perform engineering studies including powerflow analysis using complex power systems models to determine ideal system outage scheduling and coordination in support of operations.
Minimum Duties & Responsibilities for this position include:

  1.  Performing power-flow analyses in support of various activities.
  2.  Developing and maintaining power system models.
  3.  Experience doing short circuit analysis.
  4.  Reviewing system event records and performing post-event analyses
  5.  Documenting, communicating, and presenting study results & procedures
Additional Expectations:

  1.  Knowledge of power system behavior and general power industry structure
  2.  Clear and effective oral and written communication
  3.  Effective interpersonal and team-work skills
  4.  Ability to work independently and collaborate across departmental boundaries
  5.  Ability to work with unstructured problems and assignments requiring flexibility, cross-functional collaboration, and personal initiative to define and achieve
  6.  Ability to plan, organize, and execute work assignments, take initiative to solve problems, and make decisions within established policies and procedures
  7.  Computer skills using Microsoft Windows based tools (Windows, Office, etc)
Minimum Requirements:

  1.  Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Electric Power Engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
Thanks,
Caroline Glaser

Caroline Glaser|  Account Manager  | Apex Systems
495 Metro Place South, Suite 160, Dublin OH 43017
Office: 614-467-4200 | Cell: 513-582-6049 | Fax:  614-467-4201
cglaser at apexsystemsinc.com<mailto:cglaser at apexsystemsinc.com>  |  www.apexsystemsinc.com<http://www.apexsystemsinc.com/>
[https://alphaphidallas.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/twitter-icon.png]<https://twitter.com/ApexSystems>[https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrink_200_200/AAEAAQAAAAAAAANyAAAAJGRlZTNlZDQwLTk4YTItNDA1MS04MzBjLWJmNGQ5M2RmZGUxYw.png]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/apex-systems>[https://cdn0.iconfinder.com/data/icons/yooicons_set01_socialbookmarks/256/social_facebook_box_blue.png]<https://www.facebook.com/ApexSystemsInc/>[cid:image004.jpg at 01D1DD2B.0551E380]<https://www.instagram.com/apexsystems/?hl=en>
► Learn about Apex’s 20 years of service, what we’ve accomplished and what’s ahead in our Year in Review<apexsystems-2015.com>
► Visit our NEW website<http://www.apexsystems.com/>!
[https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_200_200/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAULAAAAJGExZGQ4ZTVkLWRiYTItNDU1My1iNWY1LWMzMjI2ZGYyNGZkZg.gif]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolineglaser>