[Eecs_phd] Engineering Co-op positions available at Siemens Energy in Mount Vernon, OH
huntert1 at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 30 14:08:34 EST 2017
To apply for the co-op position listed below, please email your resume to Michael Desguin at michael.desguin at siemens.com<mailto:michael.desguin at siemens.com> (He is an alumnus of the Russ College)
Engineering co-op students at Siemens Energy, Inc in Mt Vernon, OH are considered to be an integral part of the Engineering staff and are provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating. Under guidance of a mentor, the students will be assigned to teams associated with ongoing Project Execution or Research & Design programs. Successful applicants will be part of the Distributed Generation Business Unit and are responsible for the design and development of Aero Derivative Industrial Gas Turbine power solutions for the Power Generation and Oil and Gas markets.
Must be a currently enrolled student majoring in an Engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical & Controls, Aerospace, ETM, Energy, Chemical, Industrial and Civil/Structural) and must have completed the freshman year.
Co-op Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design and development of the company's products and processes
- Read and understand customer and supplier drawings, engineering documents, and specifications
- Prepare and modify engineering drawings and electrical wiring diagrams, using both NX and ePLAN.
- Understand a number of industry standards such as ISO, ASME, NEC, and IEC
- Provide engineering support assistance for reviews such as root cause analysis, deep dives (detailed analysis), gate and technical reviews, and budget/program proposals, all as required
- Interface with other internal organizations (located locally and globally) such as manufacturing, marketing, service, product support and purchasing, as well as external customers and suppliers
- Assist multiple local and international based teams in identifying process improvements
Abilities / Skills:
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Must be flexible in acceptance of assignments and schedules
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate acceptance of responsibility and show pride in work performed
Siemens Energy, Inc.
PG DG GPS PSO ES AGT
105 N Sandusky ST.
Mount Vernon, OH 43050, USA
Tel.: +1 740 390-9049
Mobile: +1 740 3909049
mailto:michael.desguin at siemens.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the eecs_phd