[Eecs_mscs] The Post is Hiring

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 29 09:59:34 EDT 2023

Applications for section editor positions for The Post are now open for the 2023-2024 school year, including our web development position. All positions are rehiring, and thus the following positions are available to apply for:

  *   Audience Engagement Editor (Head of the social media section)
  *   Web Development Director (Head of coding)
  *   Director of Multimedia (head of the multimedia department)
  *   News Editor (Head of the news section)
  *   Culture Editor (Head of the culture section)
  *   Opinion Editor (Head of the opinion section)
  *   Sports Editor (Head of the sports section)
  *   Beat Editor (Head of the beat section)
  *   Projects Editor (Head of the projects section)
  *   Copy Chief (In charge of copy editing and the slot editors)
  *   Director of Photography (Head of the photo section)
  *   Art Director (Head of the art section, works with page design for the weekly paper edition)

Applicants can apply for multiple positions, and should provide the following materials for each position they apply for:

  *   An up-to-date, one-page resume
  *   A one-page cover letter where you explain:
     *   What qualifies you for the position
     *   Why you are applying for the position
     *   What you hope to bring to The Post

If an applicant is applying for multiple positions, they should send in two cover letters and two resumes. These materials will be due to me, km053019 at ohio.edu<mailto:km053019 at ohio.edu>, by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, March 31. Please cc Managing Editor Emma Erion at ee646020 at ohio.edu<mailto:ee646020 at ohio.edu>, Digital Director Anastasia Carter at ac732319 at ohio.edu<mailto:ac732319 at ohio.edu> and Equity Director Alesha Davis at ad551919 at ohio.edu<mailto:ad551919 at ohio.edu>.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions at my email, or at 614-805-8496.

Katie Millard
she/her/hers
Ohio University E. W. Scripps School of Journalism
Ohio Honors Program
The Post | Culture Editor
Thread Magazine | Back of Closet, Features Editor
(614) 805 8496