[DU-L] Leaving Ohio University

Smith, Kevin smithk3 at ohio.edu
Wed Jun 27 11:59:48 EDT 2012

Dear Brothers,

I am writing to inform you that I recently was offered and accepted a position with the University of Akron
as their new Director of a yet-to-be-developed Leadership Center within their College of Business Administration.

The J.M. Smucker Company (Jelly, Jif, Pillsbury, Folgers, Millstone, etc. people) provided a $1 million budget
for me to use to develop this initiative this next year. Quite frankly, it would have been both personally and professionally
foolish for me to pass up this opportunity.

I want to take a moment to thank you all for changing my life and my entire outlook on the Greek/fraternity experience.
When I became the OHIO chapter advisor in May of 2007, I happened upon a group in need of guidance. As I leave Ohio University
in July of 2012, I leave knowing there is an outstanding group of men whom I'm proud to call my Brothers.

Although I am leaving Ohio University, I am part and parcel to Delta Upsilon and will continue as an Alumni leader in whatever capacity
the Alumni Board and the International Fraternity will allow. Likewise, I hope to see you all at LI in August.

Again, thank you for an outstanding five years here at Ohio University. You've given me much more than you'll know.

I look forward to keeping in touch with all of you. In fact, please do.

Fraternally,
Kevin Smith

[cid:image001.gif at 01CD545B.994C8B60]
Division of Student Affairs - Creating Community, Cultivating Leaders
Campus Involvement Center
Kevin A. Smith
Assistant Director for Leadership
339 Baker University Center
Athens OH 45701-2979
t: 740.597.1619
f: 740.593.0223
smithk3 at ohio.edu
www.ohio.edu * www.ohio.edu/involvement
www.twitter.com/ohiouleadershipcenter
www.facebook.com/OhioUniversity
www.myspace.com/ohiouniversity
The best student-centered learning experience
in America