[DU-L] Professor Recommendation Template

Matt Eroskey meroskey at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 23:37:58 EST 2012

Dear Brothers,

Beneath this message is the template that you should work with while
contacting your professors to inquire about recommendations.

Fraternally,
Matt Eroskey

Dear Professor *[Insert Professor name here]*,

I’m writing to you to thank you for your time in *[insert class here]*. I
have learned a great deal from your class, and because of this I value your
opinion as a person and an educator. Therefore, I have a small favor to
request of you. My fraternity is currently looking for students who
exemplify leadership qualities and academic excellence. We feel the best
way to approach this is to receive faculty recommendations pertaining to
students that demonstrate these characteristics. We are committed to
finding students that would be able to live our values, which include:
promotion of friendship, development of character, diffusion of liberal
culture, and the advancement of justice. I would greatly appreciate
recommendations of students who come to mind that you may have had in the
past that have articulated these qualities. Thank you for your time and
consideration, and have a great quarter!

Sincerely,
*[your name goes here]*