[OU Dems] Minutes Week 7

Jenna Moore jennamoore114 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 23:50:03 EST 2014

Happy week 7 everyone! Here are your minutes from this weeks meeting:

Events:

Wednesday 2/26: We will be having date auction committee at 8pm and in Bentley.

Thursday 2/27: As a part of empowering women week, women's activist Sandra Fluke will be speaking in Baker 240 at 7pm.
Tuesday 3/11: We are doing soccer as our intramural sport. We will be playing at 5:30pm and at 6:15 in Ping area A. Remember to bring your OU ID and dress appropriately.

March 29th: The Spring CDO conference will take place in Marietta. There are more details to come but let Caitlin Roberts know if you are able to or interested in attending.

Updates:

Relay for life is coming up on March 21. So please sign up for our team if you haven't at https://secure.acsevents.org/site/TRR?pg=tfind&fr_id=56530&skip_login_page=true&s_fr_part_type_team=join

How to join the team:  1) find the team "College Democrats" (make sure it says Relay for Life of Ohio University on the left) 2) Click pay my registration by cash or check 3) Continue to fill out all the information that follows until the end. You should not have to pay any money during this! If you have any questions, please contact me!

Roundtable:
Wednesday 2/26: Flavor of the week is in the Front Room from 12pm(noon)-2pm. This weeks  flavor is a surprise!

Wednesday 2/26: Fuck Rape Culture will be having their meeting in the Women's center at 6pm. Make sure you check out their column in the New Political and if you are interested in writing for it, contact Marika Bresler.

Thursday 2/27: Students for Education reform will have their meeting at 7:30 pm in Baker 233 and they will be discussing the issue of school to prison pipeline and other educational issues.

April 13: The sorority Delta Zeta will have their annual Turtle Tug! It's tug of war over jello and teams of 5-6 people. It benefits the Paint a Turtle camp which is a camp for sick children. Contact Caitlin Roberts if you're interested!

Make sure to check out all of the videos from the 48 hour shootout! A fellow dem won first place so be sure to check out her video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLeAE_ieu70&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Jenna Moore
jm226611 at ohio.edu

OU College Democrats, Secretary

OU College Democrats Executive Board: