[OU Dems] Minutes Week 2

Jenna Moore jennamoore114 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 21:21:36 EDT 2013

Happy week 2 everyone! Here are your minutes from this weeks meeting:

Events:

Wednesday 9/4: We will be tabling at College Gate from 10:30am until 4pm to register students to vote. Anytime you can stop by is great!

Thursday 9/5: Dorm storm on West Green will be at 6:00pm and going around doing voter registration. We will be meeting at the at the front of West Green.

Friday 9/6: We will be tabling for voter registration at the top of Baker from 10:30am until 4pm.

Sunday 9/8: Apartment storm at River Park for voter registration at 2pm until 4pm. We're meeting at the building 38.

Monday 9/9: Paint the wall will take place at 7pm meet at the wall! If you don't like painting, there will be chalking. Don't forget to wear clothes you don't mind getting paint on.

Updates:

Shirts are in so make sure you order one. They're only $15!

Roundtable:
Wednesday 9/4: There is a speak out against the Student Senate President, Nick Southall, after he tweeted an oppressive comment then deleted it. Meeting place is the bottom of Baker at 6:50pm. You do not have to speak but just being there to show your support is great. Contact Emily Harper (330) 727-4510 for more information or questions.

Wednesday 9/4: A blood drive is being held in Adams hall all day.

Monday 9/9: Feminist Equality Movement (FEM) will hold their meeting at 7:30pm in the Women's Center in Baker.

Wednesday 9/11: UCM is holding an Interfaith Peace Walk starting at 7pm at Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd (54 University Terrace).