[OU Dems] Minutes Week 10

Jenna Moore jennamoore114 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 22:56:25 EDT 2013

Happy week 10 everyone! Here are your minutes from this weeks meeting:

Events:

Wednesday 10/30: The Athens County Democratic party will be having their Fall dinner at the Athens American Legion (520 W. Union Street). We need people to set up from 12-3 and then people to help serve at 5:45. Rides will be given from the top of Baker and the event will go to the latest 9pm. Dress is business casual.

Friday 11/1: We will be tabling for voter registration at the top of Baker to get signature for the Freedom to Marry petition and post cards for environment Ohio from 11am until 4pm.

Saturday 11/2: GOTV (get out the vote) to canvas will be at 12pm-2pm and we are meeting at the Washington Arch on East Green.

Saturday 11/2: GOTV for phone banking will be from 4pm-6pm and location is TBD.

Sunday 11/4: GOTV to canvas will be at 12pm-2pm and we are meeting at the cross walk of West Green.

Sunday 11/4: GOTV for phone banking will be from 4pm-6pm and location is TBD.

Monday 11/4: We will be chalking to remind people that the day after is election day at 7pm meeting at the Front Room.

Tuesday 11/5: It's election day!! Well we be having 2 hour shifts from 7am-7pm. We will have different rotations for the fracking ban petition, Freedom to Marry petition, environment Ohio post cards, and calls to West Virginia to urge the to go out and vote in an important election in their state. If you can't stay your whole shift, that's fine. This is really important because this is what we have worked for all semester.

Updates:

Shirts are in so make sure you order one or pick it up. There are only large and medium left. They're only $15!

THERE IS NO MEETING NEXT WEEK (11/5) DUE TO ELECTION DAY.

Roundtable:

Wednesday 10/30: Flavor of the week is barbecue so stop by the Front Room at noon until 2!

Wednesday 10/30: Fuck Rape Culture will be having their meeting at 6 pm in the LGBT center on the 3rd floor of Baker

Friday 11/1: Fuck Rape Culture is holding a rally calling people to action against rape culture here in Athens at 5pm at Athens County Court House across.

Saturday 11/2: There is a comedy show in Baker Lounge at 8pm with the comedians in costumes in spirt of Halloween!

Monday 11/4: There is training on how to get petition signatures at 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm at UCM on 18 N. College Street. There will be cookies!

Fuck Rape Culture is filming for their Consent campaign in the LGBT center in Baker so go help spread the word why consent is so important. The date and times are Wed 10/30 12pm-3pm and 4pm-6pm, Thurs 10/31 1pm-4pm, and Tues 11/5 12pm-3pm and please sign up at http://doodle.com/pugkw9iqhh5idfic

Saturday 11/9: The event Making Cents talking about the cost of higher education and what we can do about it. State Rep. Debbie Phillips will be there and  Avalanche pizza. It is in Walter 235 from 10:30am-4pm. Please RSVP at http://makingcents.eventbrite.com/

Saturday 11/9: Women in Aviation ins hosting an event at the airport from 11am-3pm and there will be chili! Bring your dad since it's dad's weekend!

Friday 11/15: A performance of How Much How Much will be at 8pm and location is TBD.

Vote yes on issue 3. This issue is about being able to negotiate better energy prices.

A fellow dem would like your participation on a survey about self-disclouse on social media. Everyone who participates is entered into a raffle to get a $10 gift card from Chipotle! Here is the link to it: https://ohioscripps.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1Z8PJXCfbQ6sVBb

Jenna Moore
jm226611 at ohio.edu

OU College Democrats, Secretary

OU College Democrats Executive Board: