[OU Dems] Minutes Week 9

Jenna Moore jennamoore114 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 22:09:55 EDT 2013

Happy week 9 everyone! Here are your minutes from this weeks meeting:

Events:

Wednesday 10/23: Tabling will be from 11am-4pm at the top of Baker to get signature for the Freedom to Marry petition so stop by any time you can!

Friday 10/25: We will be tabling for voter registration at College Gate to get signature for the Freedom to Marry petition from 11am until 4pm.

Monday 10/28: We are doing a dorm storm on East Green from 6pm-8pm circulating the Freedom to Marry petition. We will be meeting at the bottom of Morton Hill near the dinner line for Shively.

Wednesday 10/30: The Athens County Democratic party will be having their Fall dinner at the Athens American Legion (520 W. Union Street). We need people to set up from 12-3 and then people to help serve at 5:45. Rides will be given from the top of Baker.

Updates:

Shirts are in so make sure you order one or pick it up. There are only large and medium left. They're only $15!

Roundtable:

Wednesday 10/23: Flavor of the week is carmel so stop by the Front Room at noon until 2!

Wednesday 10/23: Fuck Rape Culture will be having their meeting at 6 pm in the LGBT center on the 3rd floor of Baker.

Wednesday 10/23: The Multicultural Fair will be held in Baker 240/242 at 8:30pm-9:15pm talking to High School Students visiting and learning more about our organization. Feel free to stop by!

Friday 10/25: There is a rally against rape culture here in Athens at 5pm at Athens County Court House across from Chase Bank on Court Street.

A fellow dem would like your participation on a survey about self-disclouse on social media. Everyone who participates is entered into a raffle to get a $10 gift card from Chipotle! Here is the link to it: https://ohioscripps.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1Z8PJXCfbQ6sVBb

Safe Campus is a group that is encouraging schools to take a closer look at the contractors they use when it comes to construction and not just taking the cheapest way out. There is a petition to sign making universities to actually look closer at the people they hire for construction work and you can find it at:  http://safecampusinfo.com/

The Bill of Rights committee is looking for volunteers to help circulate petitions on election day banning fracking in the city of Athens. This petition would put this on the ballet for the May primaries.

Jenna Moore
jm226611 at ohio.edu

OU College Democrats, Secretary

OU College Democrats Executive Board: