[OU Dems] Minutes Week 8

Jenna Moore jennamoore114 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 22:56:24 EDT 2013

Happy week 8 everyone! Here are your minutes from this weeks meeting:

Events:

Wednesday 10/16: Tabling will be from 11am-4pm at the College Gate to get signature for the Freedom to Marry petition so stop by any time you can! If you are signed up for the beginning, we meet at the top of Baker at 11 to get the stuff for the table.

Friday 10/18: We will be tabling for voter registration at the top of Baker to get signature for the Freedom to Marry petition from 11am until 4pm.

Saturday 10/19: There is a Women's rally at the State House in Columbus at noon. We will be meeting at 9:30 am at the top of Baker for rides there
Monday 10/21: We are doing a dorm storm on West Green from 6pm-8pm circulating the Freedom to Marry petition. We will be meeting at the front of West Green.

Updates:

Thank you everyone for a great homecoming weekend!
Shirts are in so make sure you order one or pick it up. There are only small and medium left. They're only $15!

Roundtable:

Wednesday 10/16: Flavor of the week is vanilla so stop by the Front Room at noon until 2!

Wednesday 10/16: Students for liberty will be doing free speech posters at the top of Baker during normal tabling hours.

Wednesday 10/16: Fall Fest at West 82 all day (7am-7pm). There will be free fall themed food.

Wednesday 10/16: There will be events happening in the Women's Center in Baker all day. VOX will have a special event from 1:15pm-2:15pm and they will be giving out free condoms and whoever has the most condoms gets a free T-shirt!

Thursday 10/17 and Friday 10/18: There is a dance concert at 7:30 pm in Shirley Theatre in Putnam hall. Admission is $5.

Friday 10/18: Fridays Live, similar to SNL, will be at 7pm on the 5th floor of of the RTV building. Get there early to get good seats!

Friday 10/18: There is a comedy show at Donkey Coffee at 8pm. There is a $3 admission but all proceeds go to Passionworks!

Saturday 10/19: Athens open mic in the Bobcat student lounge will be at 8pm and Emily Harper is hosting. If you are interested in being in it or have any questions, contact her at (330) 727-4510.

Sunday 10/20: There is a Rugby match at 2pm on the South Green Fields (farther back on South Green).

Young Democrats of America is holding their convention Friday, November 8th – Sunday, November 11th in Seattle, Washington and registration cost $65. Please contact someone from exec if you are interested. There is more information on the link below.
https://yda.wiredforchange.com/o/720/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=13420

Jenna Moore
jm226611 at ohio.edu

OU College Democrats, Secretary