[OU Dems] Minutes Week 6

Jenna Moore jennamoore114 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 22:59:34 EDT 2013

Happy week 6 everyone! Here are your minutes from this weeks meeting:

Events:

Wednesday 10/2: Tabling will be from 11am-4pm at College Gate for voter registration and to sign the Freedom to Marry petition so stop by any time you can!

Wednesday 10/2: Home Coming committee  will be meeting at 8pm at 2 Elliot Street. Think of any ideas of signs you would want to carry for the parade.

Thursday 10/3: There is a phonebank in the LGBT center (Baker 354) making phone calls regarding EDNA (Employment Non-Descrimination Act). There are two shifts 10am-12:30pm and 12:30pm-3pm. Please bring your laptop and you will receive a FREE T-Shirt.

Thursday 10/3: Dorm storm at Bromley Hall from 6pm-8pm for voter registration and to sign the Freedom to Marry petition. We will be meeting at the top of Baker. There is an incentive if you show up!

Friday 10/4: We will be tabling for voter registration at College Gate for voter registration and to sign the Freedom to Marry petition from 11am until 4pm.

Saturday 10/5: We will be doing an apartment storm at Courtyard for voter registration and to sign the Freedom to Marry petition from 2-4 and we will meet at the top of Baker for rides. There is an incentive if you show up!

Monday 10/7: Chalking and flyering will be from 7pm-8pm and meeting in the Front Room.

Updates:

Shirts are in so make sure you order one or pick it up. They're only $15!

It is the last week for voter registration so it is important we get out there to register students.

Roundtable:

Early voting has started so go to the Board of Elections on Court Street across from Big Mama's to vote! If you are still registered at home, remember to fill out your absentee stuff!

Wednesday 10/2: Flavor of the week is chocolate so stop by the Front Room at noon until 2!

Thursday 10/3: Taste of Athens will be from 5pm-8pm at South beach. Free food from popular uptown places such as Fluff Bakery, Goodfella's, Habibi's, Insomnia Cookies, and many more!

Thursday-Saturday: There is a film festival at the Athena Cinema and it goes all day.

Monday 10/7,Wednesday 10/9, and Friday 10/11: Vox (Voices of Planned Parenthood) will be tabling and giving away free condoms from 1-3.

Friday 10/11: Fuck Rape Culture is holding a rally and march to protest rape culture. They are meeting at 4pm McCracken field (near Jeff Hall).

Jenna Moore
jm226611 at ohio.edu

OU College Democrats, Secretary

OU College Democrats Executive Board: