[OU Dems] OU College Dems Week 10 Minutes

Newton, Jessica jn130010 at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 20 12:18:13 EDT 2013

Happy Week 2 Everyone!

Here are the minutes from this week’s meeting:

Events:

Thursday 3/21: Trash for Cash! This is our last fundraising event we will have for Relay for Life, so please try to attend! It will be at Riverpark Apartments, building 38, at 8pm.

Friday 3/22-Saturday 3/23: Relay for Life! This year Relay for Life will be held at Ping from 5pm until 11am. All of our fundraising efforts have led up to this event, and in addition to us supporting a great cause, it will be a lot of fun! I have attached a Relay info sheet with details of what to bring, wear, and what will be happening. Contact me with any questions.

Sunday 3/24: Dems social! We will be playing ultimate frisbee at 2pm in the Mill Street Fields (right behind Riverpark Apartments). Snacks may be there, and you’re welcomed to bring your own!

ROUNDTABLE:

Delta Zeta sorority will be having their annual Turtle Tug fundraiser in the next few weeks! $50 for a team of 5 to play tug of war over a pool of Jell-O . Contact Caitlin Roberts for questions and details.

Humans vs. Zombies is approaching and Alex Doherty is trying to start a team! Contact him if you are interested in participating.

Pride Week is this week! There are $5 tee shirts and the events occurring throughout the week are posted in the Student Senate office in Baker.

Support our fellow Dem Emily Harper and attend her stand-up comedy show Friday’s Live! It will be this Friday at 7pm in the RTV building (5th floor, Studio C). Make sure to get there early to get a seat!

Jennifer Cochran is running for Athens City Council. Her visibility with students is important, and you should check out her Facebook page to learn more!

Updates:

Congrats to Dem of the Week Kaitlyn Crist!!

A large thanks to everyone who contributed in Date Auction! We raised a total of $1,162, and a large portion of that will go to our Relay for Life team!

MORE Relay for Life info: Make sure to bring your OU ID to enter Ping for Relay for Life!

Make sure to sign up for our Ohio University College Democrats Relay for Life team! I’ve attached the link below. Click sign up, join an existing team, and click pay commitment fee by cash or check (this will be our team’s money, nothing out of your pocket).

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLCY13EC?pg=entry&fr_id=48298

Jessica Newton

jn130010 at ohio.edu

OU College Democrats, Secretary