[OU Dems] OU College Dems Minutes 10/2 Week 6

Newton, Jessica jn130010 at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 4 10:52:18 EDT 2012

Happy Week 6 Everyone!
Here are the minutes from this week’s meeting:
Events:
Thursday 10/4: Homecoming Committee is meeting! We only have one more meeting time after this so please attend! We’re meeting at the OFA office at 8PM.
Thursday 10/4: There’s a phone bank for Congressional candidate Pat Lang from 1-4 at 8 N. Court! 3rd floor in Pat Lang’s office.
Friday 10/5: The National Women’s Vote Director Kate Chapek is coming to speak! It will be at 2pm in Baker 239, and everyone, regardless of gender, should attend!
Saturday 10/6: We’ll be doing voter registration at the football tailgate! It will be from 10-12 at the Bobcat Student Park which is right next to Peden Stadium (the football stadium). Come get free food!
Saturday 10/6: There will be an ODP canvas from 1-4! It’s important that we get the word out about Ohio politicians and get them in office! We will be meeting at the top of Baker.
Sunday 10/7- Tuesday 10/9: GET OUT THE VOTER REG! This is the last few days of voter registration and we want everyone to get registered! We’ll be doing voter registration on Sunday from 12-9 and Monday & Tuesday from 10-9pm. Stop by 8 North Court (OFA office, 3rd floor) between these times to help get out the voter reg!!!
Monday 10/8: We’re painting the wall so people know about the voter reg deadline! It’s tons of fun and the wall is located off of Richland, behind the Bentley Annex. Meeting time is at 8pm!
Monday 10/8: ODP phone bank at 8 N. Court! 3rd floor in Pat Lang’s office. Sign up anytime from 2-9! Even an hour helps!
Monday 10/8: Tabling! It will be from 10-5 and the location is TBA.
Tuesday 10/9: More Tabling! It will be from 10-5 and it’s going to be at the top of Baker

 Updates:
Our Next OUCD/ Student's for Obama meeting will be Tuesday 8pm in Baker 231!
OUCD Sweatshirts are $15! They're comfy and perfect for fall weather so make sure to get yours soon!! You can get one at any meeting.
Congrats to Dem of the Week Andrea Kilbane!
*Congrats to Barackstar Ian Slifcak!
Roundtable:
State Represenative Debbie Phillips is having a parade this Sunday in the Plains! It will be at 2pm and rides will be provided. Contact Shannon Welch for more information
Make sure to turn in all filled out voter registration. The deadline is 10/9!!
We have golf carts to take people to go vote! Spread the word!
Friday’s Live are every Friday at 7PM in the RTV building (across from Voigt Hall on College Street) on the 5th floor in Studio C. Emily Harper is hosting, so we should all support her!

Jessica Newton

jn130010 at ohio.edu

OU College Democrats, Secretary

OU College Democrats Executive Board: