[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 4/3

Roberts, Caitlin cr156409 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 4 16:02:39 EDT 2012

Dems Minutes 4/3

Happy Week 2 Everyone! Here are the minutes from this week's meeting:

News/Updates:

Sally Jo Wiley stopped by to talk about a new petition for giving Ohio the power to recall.  Please contact her if you'd like a petition to take home this weekend or if you'd like to sign a petition for Athens County!

We will be doing "Why I Relay" every week now through Week 7.  Please contact Caitlin if you'd like to share your story about why you personally participate in relay!

Our Relay for Life fundraising goal has been set for $2000 and we are already more than half-way there!  Sign up to join the team at http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/?team_id=1156421&pg=team&fr_id=40183.<http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/?team_id=1156421&pg=team&fr_id=40183..>

Contact Marika if you are interested in going on the Memorial Day weekend D.C. Trip! We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill!

We will be playing softball for intramurals on Wednesdays at 4:30 this quarter. Sign up for our "Trotting Donkeys" team on imleagues.com if you'd like to play!

The College Democrats of Ohio Spring Convention will be April 22nd at OSU! Contact Marika if you are interested in going or if you can drive! Also, contact Marika if you'd be interested in running for Campaign Director of College Democrats of Ohio.

We are still selling sweatshirts for the low price of $15! Contact Nicole if you'd like to buy one.

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Marina Herritt!

Congratulations to our new appointed positions! David Creighton is Webmaster, Heather McKay is Historian, and Carolyn Preston is our Students for Obama Liaison!

Future Events:

Pledge to Reg. Dorm Storm on Wednesday

Grilled Cheese Sale on Thursday

Phonebank on Monday

Students for Obama Meeting on Monday

Round Table:

Herman Cain will be here at OU this Thursday at 2 p.m. in Morton 235.

Default: The Student Loan Debt Movie will be shown Thursday at 7 p.m. in Walter 145 followed by a panel discussion about the movie.

If you are interested in interning for the Obama campaign, please contact Nick Tuell.

Congratulations to Sarah Williams, who is the new Campus Director at the University of Cincinnati for the Obama campaign!

Pride Week is the 9th to 14th, check out the Facebook event "Ohio University Pride Week 2012" for a schedule of events.

For everyone elected to Central Committee, the first meeting of the newly elected committee is April 4th at 6 p.m. in the Municipal Court Room of the Athens City Building.

The Provost will be speaking at Student Senate about tuition costs tonight (Wednesday) at 7 p.m. in Walter 235.

April is Snail Awareness Month sponsored by The HEG, contact Paul Leduc for more information.

Delta Zeta will be having it's annual Turtle Tug philanthropy event to benefit The Painted Turtle Camp on April 29th.  Contact Caitlin Roberts if you want more information or would be interested in starting a team.

Have a great Week 2!

--

Caitlin Roberts

(614) 893-5395