[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 9/6

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:59:51 EDT 2011

Dems Minutes 9/6

Hey Dems!! Welcome back! We hope your first week back is fabulous! Here are
the minutes from this week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

This quarter we will be focusing on registering students to vote, getting as
many signatures possible for the HB194 referendum, as well as campaigning
for voting NO on Issue 2 (Senate Bill 5) and some local elections.

Our BRAND NEW tshirts are $10! Get one now and look fantastic repping our
org around campus!

Future Events:

Tabling

Chalking and flyering

Cook-out at Nick’s

Check out our website, oudemocrats.org for the details of each event!

Round Table

Student Senate meets every Wednesday at 7:15 in Walter 235. Come to a
meeting for student speakout and tell your representatives what’s on your
mind! Also, intern applications for Student Senate will be available in the
next week in Baker 305.

Thenewpolitical.com is looking for new team members, including staff
writers, opinion writers, and PR team members.

The We Are Ohio office is located at UCM on 18 N College St. Stop in any
time during the day to volunteer for the NO on Issue 2 campaign! You may
also contact Jacob, the OU intern for We Are Ohio if you would rather work
from campus. Jacob’s email address is jbtchaffin at gmail.com

Pyramids, the hookah bar, is holding Comedy in the Round this Thursday at 10
PM! Come out for some great comedy.

The hall council at Bromley is circulating a petition for non-metered
parking around Bromley Hall. If you live in Bromley and would like to get
involved, ask your RA how you can attend a hall council meeting!

The Office for Education Abroad holds open advising from 1-4PM Monday
through Friday at the Walter International Education Center right next to
Baker Center.

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and have a wonderful week!
--
Shannon Welch
(440) 463-0662

Nick Tuell (President) (513) 602-5258 tuellnick at gmail.com