[OU Dems] wanted: communications director

Nate Hall natehall5 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 17:15:40 EDT 2011

Dear Dedicated Democrats,

I have some sad news for you, unfortunately Taylor Abbott has resigned his
position as communications director.  He is committed to several museum and
historical preservation projects back home, and because of these time
constraints he was not going to be able to fulfill his duties on exec board.
 Taylor works continuously to honor our past, and will continue to work to
win the future, but as a general body member instead of on exec board.

So, we are going to need a new communications director for next year.  What
does the communications director do?  I'm glad you asked.  For one they are
responsible for handling the press.  That means handling interviews, writing
press releases and letters to the editor on behalf of the organization.
 They are also responsible for managing the OUCD alumni list, and working
with the webmaster to maintain our online presence.  For more information
about the position you can contact Hailey at haileypaumier at gmail.com or
330-933-7008.

In the interest of expediency, we are going to have nominations week 9 and
elections week 10, that way we have a full exec board before the fall.  Just
to be clear, that means nominations will be *this Tuesday, May 24!  *If any
of you are interested in running, please contact me or Nick.

--
Nate Hall
President, OU College Democrats