[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 5/17

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:26:29 EDT 2011

Dems Minutes 5/17

Hey Dems! Hope your week eight is excellent! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

News/Updates:

Thank you to everyone who participated in both the Relay for Life event and
fundraisers! Our final total was $3350! Congratulations to all of you!
Contact Shannon if you left anything at the event, and if you were at Relay
you will receive a tshirt, so please contact Shannon if you were there!

We are accepting ideas for superlatives for senior send off, so contact
Marika or Debi before next Tuesday if you have any ideas! Also, we will be
voting on superlatives at our next meeting, and if you are a senior and are
interested in being sent off, let us know!

If you haven’t yet turned in your $35 deposit for the D.C. trip, please turn
it in ASAP! You may do so by contacting any member of exec board, sliding it
under the door of the dems office in an envelope with your name on it, or
asking Nate to come pick it up. Checks are made payable to Nate Hall.
Remember, turn in your deposit NOW!

If our softball game is cancelled this Sunday, we will be playing wiffle
ball instead!

We are selling our tshirts for our organization for $5! If you are
interested in submitting a design for next year’s shirts, contact any member
of exec board.

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Curtis “Redd” Flowers!

Future Events:

Summer Dinner

Grilled cheese sale for D.C.

Tabling for SB5

Senior Sendoff

Softball game

Check out the calendar on our website, oudemocrats.org for more information
about each event!

Round Table

The Student Senate elections are Wednesday, May 18 – Thursday, May 19. Make
sure you vote at the link on ohio.edu, and Shannon wants to encourage you to
write in Christopher Wagner for president!

Comedy in the Round “The End of the World” is this Thursday at 10 PM at
Pyramids, with Reuben Bresler as the host!

Marika will be sitting Shivah in the next week for her grandma. Let her know
if you would like to offer your presence.

The International Student Union is holding a talent show on Thursday at 7 PM
in Baker Theatre for International Week!

If you are interested in becoming an intern for Obama for America for next
year contact Nick Tuell at tuellnick at gmail.com. If you are a junior or a
senior then you can get class credit for your internship.

The Survivor Advocacy Program is collecting new or like new tshirts and
sweatpants for sexual assault victims, you can bring them to the McKee house
which is across the street from Ellis Hall.

Wednesday, May 18 is the Taste of Study Abroad at Grover from 5-8 PM! There
will be delicious food and fun.

The Lost Flamingo Company will be putting on Rent featuring our very own LJ
Cohen both Memorial Day weekend, and June 3-4 at 8 PM. It will be $5 and is
going to be at Arts West on W State St.

Kaitlyn Crist needs a subleaser for her house at 37 N. Lancaster for the
summer! Rent is negotiable. Email her at kc800208 at ohio.edu if you are
interested.

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and have a great week!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex "Wingman Extraordinaire" Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983
alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com