[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 2/22

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:02:20 EST 2011

Dems Minutes 2/22

Hellooo dems! Hope your week eight is lovely! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

We will be holding our final volunteer day at UCM this Saturday from 11 AM –
3 PM. It is located at 18 N College St, across the street from the police
station!

There will be a Date Auction committee meeting on Wednesday at 9 PM at
O’bleness House.

If you are being auctioned off, please turn in your questionnaire, song, and
picture by Thursday at 9 PM. Also, make sure you make an individual facebook
group for Date Auction so that you can invite all of your friends!

If you signed up to talk to a business, please make sure to follow up with
them this week! If you would like to be an advertising captain for Date
Auction, contact Jeana.

We will be having a Trash for Cash for Relay for Life this Sunday at 6 PM at
Riverpark. Please meet in the lobby of building 38!

We reopened nominations to make sure we stick to the organization
constitution, which states that nominations are held week 8 and elections
are held week 9, and allowed the nominations from last week to stand. This
is the full list of nominations:

Shannon Welch nominated Shelby Scott for Communications Director.

Nate Hall nominated Taylor Abbott for Communications Director.

Lachlan Harris nominated Debi Segal for Membership Director.

Haley Nuckles nominated Marika Bresler for Membership Director.

Nick Tuell nominated Sarah Acomb for Secretary.

Emily Harper nominated Shannon Welch for Secretary.

Alex Maza nominated Nicole Robertson for Treasurer.

Nate Hall nominated Emily Harper for Treasurer.

Nate Hall nominated Caitlin Roberts for Vice President.

Alex Maza nominated Marika Bresler for Vice President.

Nate Hall nominated Nick Tuell for President.

Please contact Marika if you would like to know if you are eligible to vote!

Our final volleyball game is on Monday at 6:15 in Ping Area B! If you have
yet to sign up on the website, please make sure you do at imleagues.com by 2
PM on Monday so you can play!

Debbie Phillips will be holding a town hall on SB5 at the community center
on Saturday from 10-11:30 AM. If you are interested in attending, contact
Nate.

We are selling our tshirts for $15! Buy one and help support our org!

Congratulations to Dem of the Week Ashley Gammella!!

Round Table

Pyramids is holding Comedy in the Round hosted by Reuben Bresler every
Thursday at 10 PM!

This Saturday is hookah Olympics at Pyramids, which begins at 5 PM. It costs
$10 to enter and Marika will be a judge!

Monday is Alex’s 8000th “birth day” and he will be doing something to
celebrate!

Check out thenewpolitical.com! Alex’s opinion piece comes out every Monday.

The School of Theater is putting on their mainstage production, “The
Misanthrope”, this weekend! Performances are from Thursday to Saturday at 8
PM in Kantner Hall and you can get tickets (free with OU id) every day until
5 PM at Kantner.

Thanks for coming out to the meeting and I hope you all have a wonderful
week!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex "the Boss" Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com