[OU Dems] senate bill 5

Nate Hall natehall5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:54:11 EST 2011

Hey Dems,

I know this is short notice, but the Ohio Senate is set to vote today on
Senate Bill 5, which would strip Ohio's public employees like
schoolteachers, law enforcement officers, and firefighters of their right to
collective bargaining.  Times are tough, and we need to balance our state's
budget, but this is nothing but a thinly veiled attack on Ohio's middle
class and working families.  These folks are not the enemy, they teach us
and keep us safe.
So I'm asking you to come help us make phone calls in solidarity with these
workers and in opposition to Senate Bill 5.  We have Baker room 236 reserved
from 10-2 and from 3-7 (with a break 2-3) today, so if you have any free
time please stop by and help.  We need to make sure that Sen. Stewart
understands that he should not vote for this bill, so call him at his office
in Columbus.  (614) 466-8076

In solidarity,

--
Nate Hall