[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 2/15

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 18:40:52 EST 2011

Dems Minutes 2/15

Hey guys! I hope your week seven is going wonderfully! Here are the minutes
from this week’s meeting:

We will be volunteering at UCM preparing hot lunches this Saturday from 11
AM – 3 PM. UCM is located on 18 N College St across the street from the
police station! Come out and help us give back to the community!

We will be having a date auction committee meeting this Wednesday at 9 PM in
Front Room. Also, please send Jeana your questionnaires, song, and pictures
if you have not done so, and if you signed up to talk to a business please
do so this week!

Our next volleyball game is Monday at 5:30 PM in Ping Area B. If you have
not yet signed up on the website and would like to play, then make sure you
sign up at www.imleagues.com before 2 PM on Monday!

We will be chalking and flyering for date auction this Monday at 8:30 PM!
Meet us in Front Room!

We are selling our tshirts for $15! Buy one and look fabulous strolling down
Court St!

If you would like to know if you are eligible to vote in our elections next
week, contact Marika.

Our nominations for positions are as follows:

Shannon Welch nominated Shelby Scott for Communications Director.

Nate Hall nominated Taylor Abbott for Communications Director.

Lachlan Harris nominated Debi Segal for Membership Director.

Haley Nuckles nominated Marika Bresler for Membership Director.

Nick Tuell nominated Sarah Acomb for Secretary.

Emily Harper nominated Shannon Welch for Secretary.

Alex Maza nominated Nicole Robertson for Treasurer.

Nate Hall nominated Emily Harper for Treasurer.

Nate Hall nominated Caitlin Roberts for Vice President.

Nate Hall nominated Nick Tuell for President.

Congratulations to Debi Segal for winning Dem of the Week this week!

Round Table

Pyramids is holding Comedy in the Round every Thursday at 10 PM! It is
hosted by Reuben Bresler.

There will be a student strike on March 2 at Baker from 1 PM to 6 PM. There
will be 26 faculty members in attendance.

The School of Theater is putting on their mainstage production, “The
Misanthrope”, this weekend and next weekend! Performances are from Thursday
to Saturday at 8 PM in Kantner Hall.

If you are interested in writing a letter to the editor or getting involved
in the campaign against Senate Bill 5 in the State Senate, then contact
Nate.

OFA is holding an Organizing House Party at Susan Mitchell’s house on March
1 at 7 PM. More details will follow!

Visit thenewpolitical.com and read up on current events and opinion articles
in politics! Alex Maza’s column comes out every Monday.

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com