[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 9/21

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:54:46 EDT 2010

Dems Minutes 9/21

Hey Dems!! Hope your week three is full of hope and change!:)

We are tabling a lot this week! Wednesday from 10-5 at Howard Hall, Thursday
from 10-5 at College Gate, Monday from 10-5 at the top of Baker, and Tuesday
(the first day of early voting!) from 10-5 at College Gate. Please come out
and help us get people registered!

We are looking for dorm captains to register everyone in their dorm, so
please let us know if you are interested!

We will be having a dorm storm on Saturday on East Green from 2-4! Meet us
at Jefferson Hall!

We are also looking for Organization Captains to register people in their
org, so let us know if you can help us out!:)

Sign up for phone bank shifts at 77 1/2 E. State St. Don't know when to go?
Sign up with a member of exec board! Here are our shifts:
Alex: Friday, 1-3; Hailey: Wednesday, 2-4; Jeana: Thursday, 6-8; Nate:
Tuesday, 10-12, 3-5; Shannon: Wednesday, 4-6; Marika: Friday, 2-4
Give us a call and we can hang out and make some phone calls!

We will be doing a canvas at Riverpark on Sunday in shifts, from 2-4 and
5-7!

There is a Barlow Vincent parade on Friday from 5-7! Meet at the top of
Baker and come throw candy to kids with us:)

Frances Strickland, the first lady, will be at the campaign office (77 1/2
E. State St) on Wednesday from 12:30-1:30 PM!

Visit our newly launched website, www.oudemocrats.org and learn more about
Dems, find out what events you're missing, and contact us to let us know if
you are interested in making contributions to the site! Thanks John Tyler,
it looks amazing!:)

We will be doing Walk a Mile in Her Shoes on Sunday, October 10. More
details to follow! Register at the bottom of Baker!

We are doing a daily canvas this week: Wednesday from 6-8, Thursday from
7-8:30, Friday from 3-5, and Monday from 7-8:30. Please come out!

Buy our fabulous t-shirts for $15 and look good walking down Court St!

There is a Homecoming committee meeting to discuss the parade float on
Thursday at 8:30 PM at Front Room!

We will be Chalking & Flyering is on Monday at 8:30 PM at Front Room!

Congratulations to Debi Segal for winning Dem of the Week!

Jeana Davis was elected Vice President, Marika Bresler was elected
Membership Director, and Shannon Welch was elected Secretary!

Round Table-

There will be a march to the polls on Tuesday at noon to kick off early
voting, meeting at the top of Baker with the League of Young Voters!

Meredith Tucker stopped by to encourage support for and explain the
importance of getting Debbie Phillips and Ted Strickland elected this year!

Thank you all so much for coming and I hope you have an amazing week!

Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats
Vice Chair of Community Service and Social Activities, OU Student Senate

----
Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex “Big Mooch” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com