[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 9/15

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:43:43 EDT 2010

Dems Minutes 9/15/10

Hey Dems! Hope you are having a fabulous week two! Here are the minutes from
this week’s meeting:

Come canvas with State Representative Debbie Phillips! The shifts are:
Wednesday 5-8 PM, Thursday 1:30-5:30 PM, Friday 5-7 PM, and Monday from 5-8
PM. Contact Nate Hall if you are interested at natehall5 at gmail.com

We are looking for dorm captains for this fall’s election to register
everybody in their building!

We will be having a Dorm Storm on South Green this Saturday from 2-4 PM.

Tabling is on Wednesday 9/15 and Monday 9/20 from 10 AM – 5 PM at the bottom
of Baker. Stop by between classes and register voters. So far we have
registered  over 500 people, so congratulations to everyone who has helped!

We missed the Strickland vs. Kasich debate last night, so let’s watch it
tonight! We will be watching the debate at 8 PM tonight (Wednesday) at the
Coordinated Campaign office at 77½ E. State St. and we will be serving
PIZZA! J

Registering voters at Palmer Place and River’s Edge is this Sunday from 2-4.

Please sign up for phone banking shifts at the Coordinated Campaign office
at 77½ E. State St! Don’t know when to go? Sign up with a member of exec
board! Our shifts are:

Alex Maza- Friday 1-3

Hailey- Wednesday 2-4

Jeana- Thursday 6-8

Nate- Tuesday 10-12, 3-5

Shannon- Wednesday 4-6

If you are interested in making persuasion calls, sign up for a predictive
dialer shift in the Plains with Matt! Available times are: Thursday 10-4,
Saturday 10-6, Monday 10-8, and Tuesday 10-8. Contact us if you are
interested!

Chalking & flyering will be on Monday at 9:30 in Front Room!

Our first Homecoming committee meeting will be next Thursday 9/23 at 9:30!
More details to follow.

Congratulations to Caitlin Roberts and Andrew Zucker for winning Dem of the
Week!

Paul Hypolite resigned as Membership Director.

Round table:

Kurt Wainscott (our “resident soldier”) visited and told new members to keep
it up with dems this quarter because their hard work will be rewarded with a
lot of fun after elections! Thanks Kurt, we love you!

Vegan cooking is on Tuesdays at 7 at UCM, 18 N. College St. Contact Sarah
Acomb at sa302309 at ohio.edu for more information!

Get involved with The Essay Magazine www.theessaymag.com ! Contact Andrew
Zucker if you are interested at az202606 at ohio.edu

Marika Bresler was nominated for Membership Director.

Elections for Membership Director, Vice President, and Secretary will be
held next Tuesday, so make sure that you’re there if you are a voting
member! To be a voting member you must have gone to 8 events, including 3
meetings for 2 consecutive quarters. If you are unsure if you qualify,
contact Nate at natehall5 at gmail.com

Thank you all for coming and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Shannon Welch

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042
natehall5 at gmail.com<https://www.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=ebd062d73021449b9e64636cbe94add1&URL=mailto%3anatehall5%40gmail.com>

Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
hp238306 at ohio.edu<https://www.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=ebd062d73021449b9e64636cbe94add1&URL=mailto%3ahp238306%40ohio.edu>

Alex “So Wavy” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983
am155107 at ohio.edu<https://www.outlook.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=ebd062d73021449b9e64636cbe94add1&URL=mailto%3aam155107%40ohio.edu>

Jeana Davis (Secretary) 419-508-1179 jd312809 at ohio.edu

Shannon Welch 440-463-0662 sw372809 at ohio.edu