[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 10/26

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 12:32:38 EDT 2010

Dems Minutes 10/26

Hey guys! Hope your week eight is awesomely liberal! Here are the minutes
from this week’s meeting:

This is the last week before election day! It’s really important that you
come out whenever you get the chance and help push people to vote
Strickland! Woooo!

We have some extra Debbie Phillips t-shirts so our most dedicated volunteers
will receive one to wear in this last week!

Come out to election eve this Monday at 6 PM at the campaign office! It’s
going to be an amazing time!

Please come volunteer for election day next Tuesday! The polls open at 6:30
AM and close at 7:30 PM, so we will be working all day! We will not have a
meeting next week due to election day, so please let us know if you can
come.

We will be tabling this week from 10 AM – 5 PM on Wednesday at the top of
Baker; Thursday at Howard Hall; Monday at the top of Baker and College Gate;
and Tuesday at College Gate.

Please come out to the campaign office, 77½ E State St, for GOTV this
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday! We need your help for this final push
to get Democrats elected!

Come into the campaign office at 77½ E State St for phonebanking whenever
you are free! Bring a laptop if you can.

Join our street team! Come into the 77½ E State St, pick up a packet, and go
out and canvas whenever you are free! Bring a friend!

Buy a College Dems t-shirt for $15 and represent in this last week! You can
also pick up a sign or Obama poster for your door to get the name out for
our candidates!

We need food for the campaign office!!!! Please use your meals to get snacks
or drinks for the office. Give us a call if you need us to pick up anything
you’ve gotten! Thank you!

Congratulations to our fabulous Dems of the Week, Tia Sines and Nick Tuell!

Round Table

The Study Abroad Office has walk-in advising from 1 PM – 4 PM every day at
Lindley 185. They have also come out with a cool new program, The History of
Rock & Roll in London!

There is an Islamophobia Forum on November 8 from 6:30-8 PM in Baker
Theatre, and our very own Alex Maza is on the panel!

WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS! You have all done such an amazing job and we
really appreciate all of your hard work!

Thanks for coming out this week and have an absolutely amazing week filled
with STRICKLAND  & DEMS LOVE!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex “Crazy Eyes” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com