[OU Dems] Dems Minutes 10/5

Shannon Welch shannoncwelch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:10:27 EDT 2010

Dems Minutes 10/5

Hey everyone! Hope your week five is fab! Here are the minutes from this
week’s meeting:

A big thank you to the dorm captains who helped us out with voter
registration! We could not have gotten to the staggering number of 2571
voters registered without you all!

Please come out to phone bank at the campaign office, 77½ E. State St! Don’t
know when to go? Come during a member of exec’s shift! They are: Alex:
Friday, 1-3; Hailey: Wednesday, 2-4; Jeana: Thursday, 6-8; Nate: Tuesday,
10-12, 3-5; Shannon: Wednesday, 4-6; Marika: Friday, 2-4.  Give us a call if
you’d like to come with one of us!

We will be doing a mailer at the campaign office on Wednesday at 3 PM at the
campaign office, 77½ E. State St!

There is an office opening in Pomeroy in Meigs County on Wednesday at 6:30.
We will be leaving at 6 PM and coming back at 8. Contact us if you would
like to come!

We will be working on the Homecoming float on Thursday at 8 PM at the
campaign office, 77½ E. State St. While we’re working on the float, we will
have a watch party for the second Strickland/Kasich debate! Come help us out
with the float and root for Ted!

We will be tabling Wednesday from 10-5 at the bottom of Baker as well as
Tuesday from 10-5 at Howard Hall, the corner of College & Union St.

We need people to come canvas with State Rep. Debbie Phillips on Saturday
from 10-7! Contact us if you’d like to come!

There will be a Rally on the River on Saturday from 2-4, with Debbie
Phillips and other candidates as speakers! Please come and support our
lovely State Rep!

Inside/Outside Chalking is on Monday at 8:30 PM. Meet us at Front Room for a
grand time!

Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is this Sunday at 12 PM. Please contact Shannon
Welch if you are interested in walking! It’s going to be amazing!

Please buy our t-shirts for $15 and help support our org!

We need people with extra meals to swipe for food and beverages at the
market for the campaign office! Please swipe whatever extra meals you have
to get snacks, pop, or water and bring what you have to the campaign office,
77½ E. State St. It would be greatly appreciated!

Congratulations to our Dem of the Week, Taylor Abbott!

Round Table

Alex and the rest of exec wanted to give another big thank you to all of the
volunteers. You all did an amazing job and we could not be more proud of
you! We beat Ohio State for percentage of people registered of our goals by
64% to 34%. O-S-WHO?! :)

Dems ladies – please come to our Sex and the City themed ladyfest at
Riverpark building 37, apartment 606! It’s going to be a classy affair!

The Honor Council is now accepting applications. Please contact Andy
Burnette at aburnette22 at gmail.com if you are interested or have any
questions. The Honor Code can be viewed here:
http://www.ohio.edu/students/honor_code/

The Office of Study Abroad has walk-in advising at Lindley 185 from 1-4
every week day. Additionally, the Study Abroad Fair is on October 11 at
Baker Ballroom from 11-3.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and I hope you have a fantastic week!

--
Shannon Welch
Secretary, OU College Democrats

---
Nate Hall (President) 513-304-3042 natehall5 at gmail.com
Jeana Davis (Vice President) 419-508-1179 jeanaldavis at gmail.com
Hailey Paumier (Communications Director) 330-933-7008
haileypaumier at gmail.com
Alex “Get Out of My Box” Maza (Treasurer) 937-609-5983 alexlmaza at gmail.com
Marika Bresler (Membership Director) 614-562-5937 marika.bresler at gmail.com
Shannon Welch (Secretary) 440-463-0662 shannoncwelch at gmail.com