[OU Dems] Internship opportunity

Liz Clark lizclark10 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:54:11 EST 2010

Hey Dems,

Here is some info that was passed along that could involve internships in DC
this summer. Take a look and let me know if you have any questions!

Liz
The first few weeks of 2010 have been a powerful reminder of the need for
effective and strategic leaders, at home and abroad.

>From the tragic earthquake in Haiti to the stalled attempt to pass health
care reform legislation, it is clear that our fight for progressive change
is far from over.

Here at CPL, our focus remains steady on developing the next generation of
progressive leaders.

*That's why we're excited to announce another round of our CPL New Leaders
Internship Program in Washington, D.C. this summer. *

In a struggling economy and weakened job market, opportunities like CPL's
New Leaders Internship, a paid ten-week summer program in Washington, D.C.,
are all the more important.

Each year, CPL recruits around the country for the most talented young
leaders from underrepresented communities and brings the top 50 to DC for a
paid summer internship with a leading progressive organization, leadership
training, coaching and networking opportunities.

Nominate or apply for CPL's New Leaders Program
today<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6rcFTy2XvVaXr0KrwhgeLfyD5XcwqG9X>

Last year's CPL New Leaders interns worked at over 35 organizations,
including the Alliance for Justice, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities,
National Gay & Lesbian Task Force, NAACP, Planned Parenthood, Voto Latino,
and the White House.

This summer's program runs from June 7-August 13.  *Applications are due by
February 8 for early acceptance and March 8 for regular acceptance. *

We know how crucial our investment is in leaders like Marcus
Grignon<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gacu%2FXVuJ8ZL72D7%2F0ZXgVGvuhTN%2FkN%2B>,
founder of his own nonprofit organization, Citizens for a Sustainable
Future, and an enrolled member of the Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin,
and Isha Vij<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=msXFCrkWzeq9DsLuCQ%2BPG%2FyD5XcwqG9X>,
now a Special Assistant for Economic Policy at the Center for American
Progress.

Despite the need for leaders who will take bold action, opportunities for
passionate young leaders to get a start in progressive politics are few and
far between. And that's exactly why CPL's New Leaders Program is so
important.

Help us find the next class of amazing
leaders<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=k9NoNANWNWHw%2FYlitCVRa%2FyD5XcwqG9X>like
these or apply