[OU Dems] dems minutes 10/13

Gammella, Ashley ag730406 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 13 23:52:19 EDT 2009

Hello Dems! In case you missed it…
Organizing for America- Working on health care reform. The goal is to gain 2,000 signatures to send to Senator in favor of reform. If you see the table, stop by and sign up!

Homecoming- THIS WEEKEND!!
*Help finish the float this Thursday at 730pm at Kellie’s (13 fern st, off court past import house)
Parade- Saturday we are meeting at 730am at Baker 4th floor and giving rides to the float at the beginning of the parade route. It will be fun!! Try and wear a dems shirt!
Get out the vote has begun! This Friday we will be meeting at Washington Arch at 1pm to try and encourage students to early vote. Rides will be coordinated to the board of elections on court. Come  help out!
Alumni Event- This Saturday at Nate and Kellie’s (13 fern st) from 5 to 7 p.m. Snacks and refreshments will be served! Come hang out with our wonderful alums!
County Party Fall Dinner- Will be Oct 22nd at the American Legion. Rides will be coordinated. Volunteers will be needed to set up at noon and 4. The actual dinner will begin at 6. More info to follow! Come have a meal, meet party leaders, AND hear Jennifer Brunner and Dave Pepper speak!
Remember to be an official member you need to attend 8 events, including 3 meetings!
Congrats to our dem of the week Michaela!!
After next weeks meeting we will be addressing envelopes to send out magnets for Chris Fahl. There will be pizza so please try and stay after next Tuesday!
Walk a mile in her shoes-  Oct 24th Gentlemen sign up! We will help you get shoe wear! Ladies come support!

ROUNDTABLE:
Apply to honor council! Info is on the OU Web site!
 UPC is sponsoring Ben Bailey from cash cab to come speak Oct 24th 8pm in Memorial Auditorium
 This week is out week!!
Diversity Exchange-Monday Oct 19th in Baker Ballroom at 7pm. There will be a panel discussion.
Rocky Horror Picture Show- Happening Oct 27-9 at the union. $5 10pm
Statewide Democrat Meeting- Happening at Wright State on Nov 22nd.  Rides will be coordinated. Contact Nate Hall for more info natehall5 at gmail.com<mailto:natehall5 at gmail.com>

Have a good week!!
Ashley