[Dems-L] Lots of good stuff!! Minutes from College Dems Meeting 1-13!!

mb621106 at ohio.edu mb621106 at ohio.edu
Wed Jan 14 20:49:19 EST 2009

I know, I know, I'm a day late... Ahh winter quarter...
Anyways!-

YAY!! If you got this e-mail, that means you're on the new listserv! Congrats! Tell your friends to do it
too!

Last night we had a speaker from Athens Municipal Court, Judge William Grim! Judges serve 6-year
terms and Judge Grim is up for re-election this year so we will be doing all we can to help him out!

Coming soon, we are going to be working on Issues Campaigns (things like awareness and such), so if
there is an issue of importance to you let an exec know so we can get a good list going for later in the
quarter!

On Marting Luther King Jr. Day (Monday January 19- no class!) we will be doing a dorm storm for
canned foods and money to donate to the Gathering Place, an organization that helps and supports
people struggling with mental illness. We're meeting up at 7:30 at Riverpark, contact Liz or Lauren with
questions (contact info is at the bottom of this email!)

Another great service opportunity that's coming up are the UCM lunches. On February 21,28, and March
7 from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm we will be helping serve lunches at the church on College St. You get
community service hours for it and it's the only hot meal some people get all week, so mark your
calendars!

If you are interested in floor hockey, contact one of us or sign up at a meeting! We will know what time
we play later this week, and we need guys and girls :)

DATE AUCTION FEBRUARY 27! Mark your calendars and tell your friends!! Committee forming soon :)

Congratulations to Dem of the Week Pat Wright!

Our "White Donkey" party is this Saturday night at Drew's house! It's like a white elephant party, so
bring your unwanted holiday gifts for some swapping and other festivities! If you dont know where it is,
contact me or Drew!

And on Saturday, the Victory Party for Debbie Phillips is being held at Salaam (in the dark alley next to
Verizon on Court St.) from 4-6pm. Stop by for food and to show our support for Debbie!

Lastly, Inaugural Ball!! It's going to be January 20th after the meeting at Liz and Mauri's apartment.
Contact Liz or Lauren with questions!

And from round table:
-The College Democrats of America regional Caucus is meeting here in Athens February 7th. To get
involved with CDA, contact Nate Hall nh284606 at ohio.edu
-Teach for America is having PAID summer internships across the country. It's a great opportunity and
a good way to get your foot in the door if you're considering doing T4A. Contact an exec to get ahold
of Jane Lindahl.

And now, contact info:
Matt- matthew.t.crawford at gmail.com
John- jc388403 at ohio.edu