[Dems-L] College Dems Minutes 2/17

Liz Clark ec116106 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 18 19:18:08 EST 2009

Hey Dems,
If you weren't at the meeting last night here's what you missed! Lots of
good info so make sure you read through.

EXEC UPDATE
Unfortunately our Secretary Meghan Bender has had to step down from Exec
Board. This means the term for our new Secretary will start this quarter
instead of next fall. On that note....

NOMINATIONS
Noms for Executive Board for 09-10 will be NEXT WEEK! This means if you are
planning on running or nominating someone to run you need to be at the
meeting next week. Remember, if you're planning on running you will be in
transition during spring quarter which means your responsibilities start
but you'll be ready to take over for the fall! Make sure you also talk to
the current exec board member to hear about the position/all
responsibilities, emails addresses for current execs are at the end of the
minutes!

Also, in order to vote in the elections you must be a member, if you have
questions about membership status talk to Lauren.

INTERMURALS
We made it to the playoffs! Make sure you come out tonight at 8:30PM to
Ping to help us win our first playoff game!

DATE AUCTION
GET SURVEYS IN! Email over to John by Friday, and mark Feb. 27th from 7-9
on your calender!

UCM
We'll be starting Saturday lunches at UCM this week. If you want to help
out meet us at UCM (18 N. College Street, across from Athens Police
Department) at 11AM on Saturday. We'll be done around 2:30. Contact Liz
with questions/directions.

FOOD DRIVE
Still collecting food and toiletry items to donate, so keep bringing them
to the meeting!

MOVIE SERIES
Thanks to everyone who came out to watch Fog of War. This week we will be
watching The Prisoner or: How I Planned to Kill Tony Blair. Join us Sunday
night at 7PM in Bentley 110.

CONGRATS
To our Dem of the Week Ashley Gammella.
To YOU. OUCD won runner up for Best Student Organization in the A-News
Award!

ROUNTABLE

A PHI O 5K is Feb. 28th from 12-4 PM
It only costs $15 to enter, and money goes to support Goodworks
Also check out their Pasta Dinner this Friday from 6:30-8:30 PM at UCM (18
N. College St), and stop by BW3 this Thursday from 7-11 PM for music
Contact Brendan Heil (bh331105 at ohio.edu) with questions or to register

Econ Lecture next Tuesday at 7PM in Baker 240
Contact Andy Burnette (ab319707 at ohio.edu) with questions

SMO Alumni Concert this Saturday night at 7:30 at Memaud
Contact Paul Hypolite (ph247106 at ohio.edu) with questions

Anyone needing a sublease for fall quarter contact Drew Goland.

EXEC CONTACT INFO

Matt Crawford, President
matthew.t.crawford at gmail.com

John Calhoun, Vice President
jc388403 at ohio.edu

Lauren Elliott, Membership Director
lauren.elliott3 at gmail.com

Drew Goland, Treasurer
ag263206 at ohio.edu

Liz Clark, Communications Director
lizclark10 at gmail.com

See you at nominations next week!

Liz

--
Elizabeth Clark

Communications Director, OU College Democrats
Publicist, Center for Teaching and Learning

lizclark10 at gmail.com
440-725-1522 (cell)