[Dcoualumni] March 2017 Update: Nation's Capital Chapter

Amanda Janice amanda.e.janice at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:24:00 EST 2017

Good afternoon Bobcats,

It's been a busy start to the year and it has been great to see so many of
you at events so far. Here's what we have planned in March:

*Coming up this month*

   - *Ohio Basketball Game Watch versus Buffalo, TONIGHT, 6:00PM @ Penn
   Quarter Sports Tavern.* Join us to cheer on the Bobcats as they wind
   down the regular season versus Buffalo. For more information, visit the
   Facebook event Page <https://www.facebook.com/events/277866889292864/>.

   - *Singing Men of Ohio Concert, Saturday, March 4th, 7:00PM @ Live at
   10th & G.* The first stop of the SMO tour brings them to Washington D.C.
   Join fellow alum to watch them perform standards and new songs. Admission
   is free and donations will be accepted. For more information, visit the
   Facebook event page <https://www.facebook.com/events/1654994881468257/>.

   - *Nation's Capital Chapter Quarterly Board Meeting,**Sunday, March 5th,
   11:00AM @ Rock Bottom Brewery
   <http://www.rockbottom.com/locations/bethesda> in Bethesda, MD*. The
   Nation's Capital Chapter Board is an active, dedicated group of Bobcats--if
   you are interested in becoming more involved and would like to join the
   Board, please plan to join us on Sunday. The meeting will be held in the
   Phillips Room. Please RSVP to Amanda Janice Roberson (
   amanda.e.janice at gmail.com). For more information, visit the Facebook
   event page <https://www.facebook.com/events/1838200413085374/>.

   - *DC Area Admitted Student Reception, Sunday, April 2, 2:30PM-5:30PM @
   Stacy C. Sherwood Community Center. *Area alumni are encouraged to
   attend to give prospective students a glance at Ohio University and to
   congratulate admitted students on their admission and to provide them with
   information about the next steps of the enrollment process for OHIO
   admitted students. For more information, visit the Facebook event page
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/381431382240040/>.

*On the horizon*

   - *Alumni Softball League: *Spring and summer are just around the
   corner, which means that it is almost time for the alumni softball league.
   We will share more information soon if you are interested in joining the
   team!
   - *Annual Golf Scramble: *Our annual golf scramble event will be held on
   June 10th this year. More information to come!
   - *Bobcats at the Ballpark: *We will be organizing a trip to see the
   Nationals this summer and are targeting June 24th versus the Cincinnati
   Reds. We will be in touch with a concrete date and ticket information when
   available.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

For more information on the Nation's Capital Chapter, please email or
engage on social media:
Join the Facebook Group
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/nationscapitalchapter/>
Like the Facebook Page <http://www.facebook.com/NationsCapitalChapter>