[Dcoualumni] November Update: Nation's Capital Chapter

Amanda Janice amanda.e.janice at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 14:31:58 EDT 2016

Good afternoon Bobcats!

It was wonderful to see so many of you at our October events. We are happy
to announce that the Chapter raised $400 for our scholarship fund from the
Haunting on the Hill Halloween party! The Nation's Capital Chapter also
received the Philanthropy Award from the Capital Alumni Network On October
27th. Thanks to all of the alumni who made this possible!

We have a couple of events scheduled to kick-off the holiday season:

*November*

   - *Game Watch and Holiday Food Drive, Tuesday, November 15, 6:00PM @
   Penn Quarter Sports Tavern.* Come cheer on the Bobcats versus Central
   Michigan University with fellow alumni. We will be collecting food for the
   Arlington Food Assistance Center, so be sure to bring canned food items.
   For more information, visit the Facebook event page
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/532884013564272/> and see the attached
   flyer.

*Upcoming December Events*

   - *Ohio Schools Toys for Tots Happy Hour, Thursday, December 1, 6:00PM @
   Public Bar.* Join Washington, D.C.-area alumni chapters of Ohio and The
   Ohio Society for a Toys for Tots collection on the lounge level of Public
   Bar <http://www.publicbar.co/> (1214 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20036)
   from 6:00PM-8:00PM. Mingle with fellow Ohio-based alumni, and enjoy the
   following happy hour specials:

   - $3 domestic beer
      - $4 import beers
      - $5 rail drinks

   We also ask that attendees bring a new, unwrapped toy for the Toys for
   Tots Foundation <http://www.toysfortots.org/default.aspx> (please
no toys guns/weapons).
   There will be a Marine on hand to collect the toy donations, but if you
   are unable to attend and would like to donate, please click here:
   http://www.toysfortots.org/donate/Default.aspx
   <http://www.toysfortots.org/donate/Default.aspx>

   Questions? Contact Karen Hartman at karen.m.hartman at gmail.com.

   Let’s show our love, honor and generosity this holiday season! Hope to
   see you there!

We hope to see you during this holiday season and please feel free to reach
out with questions!

For more information on the Nation's Capital Chapter, please email or
engage on social media:
Join the Facebook Group
<http://www.facebook.com/groups/nationscapitalchapter/>
Like the Facebook Page <http://www.facebook.com/NationsCapitalChapter>