[Dcoualumni] Ohio vs. Ball State MAC Basketball Tournament Gamewatch - Nation's Capital Chapter

Robert Walter oubobcat33 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:12:46 EST 2011

Upcoming Events

March

Mar. 10-12: MAC Basketball Tournament Gamewatch
Please Join us on Thursday night at Penn Quarter Sports Tavern for the Quarterfinals vs. Ball State at 9:30 PM.
  (See the Full Tournament Schedule below!)

Join us and watch the Ohio Bobcats in the MAC Tournament.
Come watch the Bobcats try to advance to the Big Dance!
*We will be having a special giveaway at this event*

Come be loud and GREEN (and bring a little Charlie Sheen - "Winning")

Dates: March 10 -12
Time: 9:30 PM (Thurs), 9:30 PM (Fri), 6:00 PM (Sat.)
Where: Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
639 Indiana Ave. NW
Washington , DC 20004

1st Round Game - Tuesday, March 8, 7 PM
Ohio 74 - Toledo 57

Quarterfinals - Thursday, March 10, 9:30 PM
Ohio/Toledo vs. #4 Ball State

Semi-Finals - Friday, March 11, 9:30 PM
No. 1/8/9 vs. No. 4/5/12 Winner

Championship - Saturday, March 12, 6:00 PM

Closest Metro: Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter; exit on 7th St , less than a block from the Tavern
Cost: no cost associated, pay as you go
Contact: Wes Bornhorst, wbornhorst at gmail.com,

March 12: ShamrockFEST
This year Ohio University and the Capital Alumni Network are partnering with ShamrockFEST to help alumni attend one of the best events in the DC area, and raise money for SCAN (Stop Child Abuse Now) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the well-being of children, improve parent-child relations and prevent child abuse and neglect.

When purchasing your tickets, please enter our Ohio University Code: GOCITYOU, in the "Promotion Code" box on checkout!

All tickets are sold online at http://shamrockfest.com/.

Details about the event, including the difference between the Main Event, and VIP tickets can also be found at http://shamrockfest.com/.

Mar. 20: Admitted Students Reception

The DC area Admitted Students Reception is a chance for area high schools students and their families to ask questions to Admissions staff and Alumni about life at Ohio University.

This event is part of our "Give Back Ohio" Week.
Please come share your enthusiasm about Ohio University with the next generation of Bobcats!

Time:  arrive by 1:30 PM, Refreshments, check-in, and mingling will begin will begin at 2PM,

Location: Nationals Park
                   1500 S Capitol Street, SE,
                    Washington DC 20003
                    (in the Conference Center inside the ballpark)
Nearest Metro: Navy Yard
RSVP, by 3/15 to: Robert Walter, oubobcat33 at hotmail.com, 240-354-3600

Mar. 22: March Happy Hour - DC

Join us for our monthly rotating happy hour and a special raffle for an Ohio University Jersey, and other prizes!! (sponsored by Liberty Mutual).

*This event is part of our "Give Back Ohio" Week.*
Students from the OU MPA program will be in town joining us.