[Cssa-L] Housing questions from a newly admitted graduate student

Yan Cai caiyan1990 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 04:47:18 EDT 2012

Dear Members of CSSA,
        I am Yan Cai, recently received the TA offer from the Department of
Linguistics. While waiting for the official letter from the graduate
college, I would like to get some information regarding the housing in
advance.
        I am from Changsha, Hunan, China, and will be pursuing my Master's
Degree at OU. I lived in the states for a year and half, and I have a 98
Caddy Deville in storage. I am thinking of living with another Chinese
student in an apartment off campus.
        Since I had a terrible roommate before, I certainly do not want to
see the same thing happen again. Few requirements I have for the apartment:
        1. A 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom apartment. Each has a private bedroom
and bathroom.
        2. Have laundry, internet, cable
        3. Not too far away from the campus
        I would personally prefer a Chinese student who cooks, so that we
can have a division of labor: I provide the ride, and do shopping, washing
dishes, the other do cooking.
        By the way, I am good at fixing and hacking Hi-Tech devices,
including Apple, Android, Laptops, and at cars. Classical music, especially
Tchaikovsky, Paganini and Rachmaninoff, is my favorite. Oh, and I am male,
that is significant, but I can live with a male or female. I promise not to
bother anyone living with me, but only offering my help.
        I will arrive on Aug 16.
        If anyone in the list is willing to share an apartment with me, or
have any concerns, please contact me. Much obliged.

Sincerely,
Yan Cai
Apr. 18, 2012