[Csi-L] CSI Poster Presentation!!

Laura Jeanette Pressley laura.pressley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 05:09:47 EDT 2012

Greetings Everyone!!

I wanted to let you all know about the CSI Poster Session that the Alpha
Chapter of CSI typically participates in each year at the ACA conference.
Since the conference is being held in our backyard in Cincinnati, it
is a *great
opportunity* to get involved and present nearby. I've listed some of the
details below, but if you would like to participate, please let me know!
The maximum amount of people who can be on the poster is 5, and you must be
a current member of CSI/ACA.

If you are interested, send me an email. We haven't narrowed down a topic,
but once we've identified everyone who would like to be involved we can
share some ideas and see what is of interest to everyone.

The deadline for the proposal is this *SATURDAY* so if you are interested,
let me know soon!!

Thanks so much!

Laura

Call for CSI/ACA Poster Session Submissions
CSI DayS, ACA Conference 2013

Good news! CSI has been provided with 25 American Counseling Association
(ACA) poster sessions for the Cincinnati conference March 20-24, 2013. *We
will be accepting online proposals from chapters through Saturday,
September 15, 2012 at 5:00 pm. *Principal presenters must be student
members of ACA and CSI and in good standing. Chapter Faculty Advisors,
other faculty or alumni ACA/CSI members may be co-presenters. *Only one
proposal per chapter may be submitted.*
Poster Session Themes

Programs that relate to chapter initiatives that aim to develop members in
the areas of the five
themes<http://www.csi-net.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=1150>
for
this year will be given priority. These themes are:

   1. Getting Counselors Involved Globally
   2. Enhancing Counselor Community Engagement
   3. Research in Counseling Profession
   4. Professional Advocacy
   5. Leadership and Standards

Posters will be reviewed by a panel of CSI members and selected based on
the extent to which the content helps further illuminate, explore, and
illustrate the purposes of these programs.
Submission Requirements

To be considered for participation to present a poster, committees will
need to:

   1. Create a poster title (maximum of 125 characters, including
   punctuation marks and spaces).

   2. Identify the theme that your project/program is based on

   3. Write a 75-word project description for the ACA program

   4. Write a concise paragraph, not to exceed 150 - 200 words describing
   how the project portrayed on the poster will attend to the following:

(a) address the theme,
(b) be displayed visually, and
(c) utilize outcome data where applicable

   1. Submit the name, address, email address, phone number, and ACA and
   CSI membership numbers for the Chapter Faculty Advisor, Primary Presenter
   and co-presenters (up to five presenters total). You will also need to
   provide the following information for each presenter: highest academic
   degree, specific area of highest degree, employment/experience, current
   title/position, current employer, and summary of experience relevant to
   topic.

   All presenters must be active members of CSI. The primary presenter is
   the contact person and is responsible for notifying all co-presenters of
   acceptance, rejection, scheduling, and any other information provided by
   ACA. The primary presenter’s email address is the primary form of
   communication

Submissions will be accepted electronically using the ACA/CSI Poster
Session Online Submission
Form<http://www.csi-net.org/displayemailforms.cfm?emailformnbr=147312>.
All submissions must be received by Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 5:00
pm. Posters that were previously presented on CSI Day may not be submitted
again. Please email csi.posters at csi-net.org if you have further questions.

All proposals will be rated for relevance, clarity, and suitability. ACA
provides boards upon which poster materials can be pinned or taped. The
proposals selected for submission will be notified as soon as possible
after the deadline and no later than October 15th. Review theguidelines for
preparing a poster presentation
<http://www.csi-net.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=421>as
you develop your poster.

Note that these are ACA conference suitable programs for all attendees so
that programs which address, for example, what any counselor education
program or attendee could do to advance the profession will be desired.
They will be listed in the ACA 2013 Cincinnati, Ohio conference bulletin
along with all other refereed conference programs. Presenters must register
for the Conference by January 2, 2013. Presenters who are unable to
register and present will not be listed in the Conference Program Guide.

Laura Jeanette Pressley, MA, PC
Ohio University - Doctoral Student
Counselor Education and Supervision
President - Alpha Chapter of Chi Sigma Iota