[Csi-L] support for fellow student

Katie Kostohryz kk496608 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 10 13:46:44 EST 2010

Hello all,
Please read the following on a student in our Counseling Education program
that needs support and financial assistance in any form you are able to
give...please pass along to others as well.
Thanks,
Katie

Dear College of Education Faculty and Staff,

 One of our 1st year doctoral students in the Counselor Education and
Supervision program, Robert Stevens, is critically ill and desperately in
need of support from our College.

 Donations are being accepted by Mona Robinson, Rob's advisor, on behalf of
the Stevens family.

 Please contact her if you are able to make a donation in any amount,
robinsoh at ohio.edu , and please share this information with anyone you know
who may be able to help!

 Robert fell ill during the first week of winter quarter. He was transported
to O'Blenness Hospital by ambulance and admitted for emergency gall bladder
treatment. Almost immediately, his condition deteriorated and he was
lifeflighted to Riverside Hospital ICU in Columbus, Ohio, where he has been
for more than a month. Rob has undergone a couple of emergency surgeries and
has been on dialysis and a ventilator, however, he has still has several
medical conditions that have prohibited the doctors from removing his gall
bladder. He remains in critical condition.

 Rob was recruited from Arkansas, where his family still resides, so it has
been difficult for the family to visit. Additionally, Rob has only student
health insurance, so the financial burden on the family is mounting. Rob's
father, Bob Stevens, has been at his side for over one month, but they have
exhausted the family's limited resources.

 As such, Bob has been staying at the hospital, sleeping on a cot in the
waiting room of the ICU unit.

 Thank you to the faculty and students who have already reached out to Rob's
family and tried to assist by providing food, hotel accommodations, and
assistance with Rob's financial obligations. At one point, funds were
donated by some of the Counselor Education faculty and a church, which
allowed Bob to stay in a hotel near his son for a few days. But those funds
are now gone, so Bob has since moved back to the ICU unit cot.

 Mona is helping to raise funds to get Bob into an extended stay hotel near
the hospital until Rob's condition stabilizes enough to get him into a rehab
facility in Columbus, or preferably, Arkansas.

 She will be accepting donations for the Stevens family through February
19th
, and after if necessary. Your gift is greatly appreciated!

 Thank you in advance for your help and consideration.
Please contact Mona if you have any questions: robinsoh at ohio.edu

Contact Information:
Riverside Methodist Hospital
3535 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, Ohio 43214
(614)566-5000

 Sincerely,

Heather Anerino

Director of Public Affairs

College of Education

McCracken Hall, 119E

Ohio University

Athens, OH 45701

e-mail: anerino at ohio.edu

office phone: 740-597-3227

cell phone: 740-590-6548

We prepare leader-educators and practitioners who share our commitment to
lifelong learning and serving society responsibly as change agents in
meeting diverse human/social needs.